Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

New UserDefinedLanguage module

Loreia2
2011-07-30
2015-01-28
<< < 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 > >> (Page 10 of 13)
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-06

Hi Jeff,

it is hard to say. I decided to suspend my work on new documentation site (as it was taking to much of my time, and going very slowly), so things should start to move a bit more quickly. Still, I won't be ably to give any estimates before .. say next weekend. If don't post any announcements by next Sunday here on this thread, feel free to ask me the same question again.

BR
    Loreia

• Carolin
    Carolin
    2012-11-07

Hi Loreia,

is it possible to have UDL2 acknowledge \n as ending white space for code folding type 2?
    It seems to work with windows style new lines (\r\n), bot neither only \n (unix) nor mac (\r) line endings.

As almost all my files only end with \n the folding doesn't work any more at the moment.
    Is there anything I can change, settings I haven't found yet, … to fix that problem?

Thanks a lot and best regards
    Carolin

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-07

Hi Carolin,

that bub was reported and is already solved. Next official release will have this things fixed.
    In the mean time, you can use beta version:
    https://github.com/Loreia/UDL2/downloads

(unzip to install dir, close NPP, and start Notepad2++.exe)

BR
    Loreia

• I'm not whether anyone else is experiencing the problem.
    If you do a find and replace then the highlighting gets messy (for User-defined language). It paints everything with the "comment" color. Not sure whether it is because of my UDL.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-08

Hi cvkattookaran ,

can you share your userDefineLang.xml file?
    Also, please share a file that you are using with detailed steps how to reproduce this behavior.

Something like:
    1. open attached file
    2. position caret into line 55
    3. open file/replace dialog
    4. find: X replace with: Y
    5. lick replace and observe how everything is painted as a comment.

BR
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-09

Hi cvkattookaran,

I can't reproduce it.
    I tried replacing FIX with FIXED (all three replace option (normal, extended, re)), but coloring stays unaffected as you can see from screen shot. I only killed folding ability (but that was expected).

Can you try to reproduce it with plugin folder renamed to say "plugins2"? Also, can you reproduce it with clean installation (download zip version, unzip somewhere and start from that folder)? You can use import functionality to quickly copy language definition.

Thank you and best regards,
    Loreia

• Hi Loreia

Please find the issue here.

This is before replacement

After replacement

Please see the highligthing changed to commented. If i do a reload from disk then it works fine.

Regards
    Celvin

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-10

Hi Celvin,

I can see the difference.
    I will try to reproduce it on Monday, since I won't have acces to Windows machine during the weekend.

Best regards,
    Loreia

• Hi, Loreia
    I found that multi-part keywords are not detected when option "Ignore case" is checked. This true for both single and double-quote delimiters. When checkbox is cleared all works fine.

Last edit: Oleksandr Kulychok 2012-11-17
    Attachments
  • usacad1
    usacad1
    2012-11-19

Hi Loreia,

one thing that puzzles me; not sure if it's UDL2 or NP++ itself, but you seem to have a way of fixing it.

Beta 28 of UDL2 it comes with an older version of NP++ (6.1.8), while the latest is 6.2.2. When I use beta 28 to issue global folding command (level command, such as ALT+1, ALT+2, etc.) it's nearly instantaneous. It takes maybe 2-3s on a 4.5MB file (~58K lines). When I use NP++ 6.2.2 it takes 2-3 minutes or so. While NP++ is globally folding/unfolding code, the CPU is pegged at 100% (of the core), so I'm not sure what causes this. It's certainly not lack of CPU power and "your" NPP++ takes 2-3s on the same computer.

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks,

• Kingmob
    Kingmob
    2012-11-19

Building a solution file definition for editing VS solution files when they get corrupted.
    I am having trouble making a comment terminate on carriage return.

Comments begin with # and end with <cr>.
    I tried entering # and 14 in the GUI but not the result I wanted.

When I exported .... this is what I see.
    <Keywords name="Comments" id="0">00 01 02 03# 0414</Keywords>

Please advise.

BTW whoever the people are that maintain NP++ thank you for keeping the Scintilla code base alive. I stumbled onto Scintilla in the past and it was my go to lightweight editor on a thumbstick drive.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-20

If you use "Line comment" feature, it is supported automatically (n.b. leave "Close" option unspecified).
    If you want to use Delimiters, use special EOL operator for "Close" option:
    Open: #
    Close: ((EOL))

BR
    Loreia

• Chaparo
    Chaparo
    2012-11-22

Hi,
    Your tool is great and awesome,
    I have a small question,I haven't readthe 19 page sorry,
    But after lot of research, I don't fine any information about the Regex.
    Do your tools take account of regular expression ?

Ps sorry for the dupplicate post I could not delete it.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-23

Hi Chaparo,

Regex is not supported for time being. It will be added in the future, but not any time soon.

BR
    Loreia

• Chaparo
    Chaparo
    2012-11-23

Hi Loreia2,
    Thank you for your quick answer.
    It's a good new. I still know looking for something on the net. ^^
    So I will wait the added of the Regex.
    in all the case your tool work really well.

chaparo

• usacad1
    usacad1
    2012-12-02

Hi Loreia2,

have you had a chance to see what might causing the major performance difference between folding in 6.2.2 and "your" 6.1.8 (included in NPP_UDL2_beta_28.zip)? See my message of 2012-11-19.

Thanks

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-02

Hi usacad1,

it is a bug that will be resolved in official release once I send my code to Don.
    It should happen in next few weeks.

BR
    Loreia

• usacad1
      usacad1
      2012-12-02

Thank you.

Truly appreciate it.

• nicyk
    nicyk
    2012-12-04

the user highlight can not autorefresh.

open one file(defined by user language), all highlight are ok;
    after i modify some lines,
    highlight style becomes wrong. espeacilly for comment line define.
    even i save it.

under such situation, this file must be closed and then reopen this file, the highlight style for this file then become ok.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-04

Hi nicyk,

sounds like a bug that was already reported and will be foxed in upcoming revision 2.1.
    Can you attach your userDefineLang.xml file as well as file that is giving you problems?

BR
    Loreia

• nicyk
    nicyk
    2012-12-05

hi Loreia2,

I try to find how to get this wrong highlight. but can not. I has one captured picture. please see the attachement file. also have the file and userDefineLang.xml.

Attachments
  • nicyk
    nicyk
    2012-12-05

sorry , forget to say something:
    the wrong color is at line 13.

below is my file(copy it, and save as SIM_SATURN_TOP_ALL.SP), attached file is my userDefineLang.xml

• tm SIM_SATURN_TOP_ALL.CIR
    • First Time : 2012/11/7 21:58:29

----------------------option--------------------------
      .options tnom=25 list nomod ingold=2 post=binary POST_VERSION=2001 fast probe
    • .options itl1=400 itl2=500 method=gear itl4=80 measdgt=7 captab nowarn DCCAP=1
    • .op
      .temp=25
    • .temp 25 -40 125 150
      ------------------------------------------------------
      .param
    • prt=1g
      r1 rt 0 '100g*(TIME <= 5m)'

• tlscp=100m dt=10m

• tocp=700m
    • tovp=1200m

-----------------------Tran----------------------------
    .Tran 10u 300ms

------- mylib -------
    CSMC
    .option brief=1
    .option search='V:\Process\CSMC\CSMC1UM700V'
    .lib 'csmc1um700v.lib' tt
    .inc 'SMET_otherDEV.cir'
    .option brief=0
    ------- endmylib -------
    .inc 'SIM_SATURN_TOP_ALL.CIR'
    .inc 'probe.CIR'
    .inc 'SATURN.CIR'
    * .inc 'SATURN_fast.CIR'
    .end

Attachments
  • nicyk
    nicyk
    2012-12-05

I dont know why one big black dot appears at the beginning of some lines. pls refer to the catured picture to correct it.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-05

It is time to bring this thread back to life.

I finally managed to restore all functionality that was lost when I had hard drive failure and new beta is ready for testing.

You can get it from my github download page:
    https://github.com/Loreia/UDL/downloads

As soon as bug reports stop pouring in for this version, I will send code to Don for inclusion in official build.

List of changes is quite long, and I will write it down latter on. For now I will just list new features (luckily they are not numerous, this release is mostly about bug fixes and code improvements).

1. User selectable position of line comments:

1. Fully rewritten number detection:

As you can see, numbers can now have two prefixes and two suffixes.
    Prefix1 and Suffix2 just add text at beginning and end of decimal number
    Prefix2 and Suffix1 extend number definition with additional characters (ideal for hex numbers)

Decimal separator functionality should be self-explanatory.

As always, if you have any questions this thread is the place to ask.

Thank you and best regards,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-05

Hi nicyk ,

I believe that bug is fixed in RC 2.1.0.1.
    Please test and report here.

BR,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-06

User support needed.....

While waiting for bug reports of last beta, I am trying to design GUI for next version of UDL.

Here is the list of requirements (feel free to add your own):
    - must be more compact (everything should fit on the screen, there should be no scrolling)
    - must support extended number of keywords: 32 for delimiters and keywords, and 8 for operators
    - must be familiar to average user of UDL GUI (no radical redesign, just re-position existing elements)
    - "UDL GUI is simple, intuitive and obvious" should be an immediate impression of an average user.
    - if it can be compact enough to continue supporting "docking" feature, that would be a big plus but it is not obligatory.

Having said that, here is what I came up with last night:

If forum doesn't display image properly, here is the direct link:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/214e81f.png

There are few details to explain here:
    - I selected "Keyword17" type, but that doesn't show on screen shot because tree control lost focus. Perhaps I should add a small static text control that display name of selected control?
    - Notice that Keyword2 (and delimiters that are not shown) go up to 32 on tree control, but there are only 24 of them in nesting frame. Initially, I wanted to put 32 check boxes, but that made dialog too long and ugly. So, I took an easy way out and just deleted everything above number 24. I would like to ask people who requested support for 32 keyword and delimiter types (for Wiki language) to consider if 24 types are enough for them. If you still need 32 types, I'll redesign dialog to fit 32 keyword types.
    - Notice that "Ignore case" is part of "font frame". In next revision "ignore case" will be selectable per keyword type. It will not be a global option any longer.
    - In this simple GUI there is just one editbox, this is enough for Keywords (1 through 32) and Operators type, I will add support for other keyword typed in next few days and share the screen shots here.

Ok, that would be it for now.
    Any feedback is appreciated. Just remember, this is only a first version, anything can change. Also, this is not an actual application, just me playing in MFC dialog editor.

I will also prepare alternative version where Font and Nesting will be in a separate pop up dialog (like now in UDL 2.0).

Regards,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-06

UDL RC 2.1.0.2 published

Thanks to advice from CChris, Keyword type (1 through 8) can now hold up to 128k of TCHARs.
    Thanks CChris !!

BR
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-06

UDL RC 2.1.0.3 is up on https://github.com/Loreia/UDL/downloads

This one fixes an error where numbers are not recognized when followed by SCE_USER_KWLIST_FOLDERS_IN_CODE1_CLOSE.

BR,
    Loreia

• Wetware Bot
    Wetware Bot
    2012-12-10

Hi Loreia2,

I can see Christmas is coming soon for us UDL users :)))
    Thank you so much for your incredible work :)

First things first:
    I have a deadly problem with npp.6.2.2-udl_rc_2.1.3.0 :
    I have uninstalled and annihilated any traces of npp and npp config data to be sure that no leftover crumbs were breaking npp and/or udl. Then I installed npp.6.2.2. With only npp.6.2.2 installed I have no problem going into Language -> Define your language... But when I install udl_rc_2.1.3.0, when selecting Language -> Define your language... npp blows up with the following message : "An exception occurred. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shutdown." I am using Windows XP 32 bits.
    If you want more details please let me know.

Regarding the new interface, it looks good and intuitive to me.
    I would have the following small remarks:

1) In your tree control, there is no possibility to change the background color of the selected item so that the selected item is still noticeable when the tree control loses focus?

2) Why only 8 operators?

3) I'm not sure I have fully understood why you need to limit your item list to 24? Could you please explain what you call "nesting frame" ?

BR,
    WB

• Wetware Bot
    Wetware Bot
    2012-12-10

Regarding point 3) above, I just noticed that your screenshot displayed in the forum is truncated on the right and does not display the "nesting frame" so it's why I didn't understand what the "nesting frame" was before clicking on your image link! I would say it would be a pity to limit your item list to 24 rather than 32 just because of that. So I vote for "redesign dialog to fit 32" :)

• Thank you so much for working on this :) I've started promoting Notepadd++ and UDL a lot.

Can i add 1 more to the requirement list

1. Support for combined Operators and multiple operators (I can see Operator 1, Operator 2 in the picture, so assuming that this is already in place)

Thanks again for your tremendous work.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

Can i add 1 more to the requirement list
    Support for combined Operators and multiple operators (I can see Operator 1, Operator 2 in the picture, so assuming that this is already in place)

I presume you want more that one Operator1 type.
    If that is the case, yes, it will be supported.

BR,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

1) In your tree control, there is no possibility to change the background color of the selected item so that the selected item is still noticeable when the tree control loses focus?

Off course there is, I just needed to figure it out :-) It is solved now.
    Just to explain, this is a small MFC dialog application that I am using to find out what is the best way to sort elements of dialog. This is not part of NPP project, just a small case study.

2) Why only 8 operators?

Wasn't that the request from users? 32 keywords/delimiters, and 8 operators? If you need more, I'll gladly add more. Just ask.

I would say it would be a pity to limit your item list to 24 rather than 32 just because of that.

Totally agreed, it will support 32 keywords/delims.

First things first:....

Few days ago I read a list of most typical excuses user gets from Open source develepores. Number ten was "That is strange", and number one was "It works on my machine".
    Accidentally or not, those were the first two thing that went through my mind when I read your post :-)
    Can you post the content of entire error message?
    After I replaced harddrive on my laptop, I updated OS from Vista Enterprise SP2 32-bit, to Win7 Enterprise 64bit, and I switched from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual studio 2010.
    I really like the change, VS2010 is working much better, love it so far. But I suspect that error you are getting is due to switch of compilers, so it might take a while until I solve this one. For starters, post here screenshot of error message, and I will try to run UDL RC in VM with WinXP to see if I can reproduce the error.

BR,
    Loreia

• Wetware Bot
    Wetware Bot
    2012-12-11

Hi Loreia

1) "Off course there is, I just needed to figure it out :-) It is solved now."
    ;-)

2) I can't remember (and too lazy to search though the thread) if I requested 8 or 16. But 16 operator styles would be nice (remember I want my text files to look like a Christmas tree :))

3) "Totally agreed, it will support 32 keywords/delims."
    :))

First things last:
    The error message reads "An exception occured. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shutdown . The exception details are as follows: Code: 0xC0000005. Type: Access Violation. Exception address: 0x004A65FB".
    It looks indeed like a compiling/linking related problem.

What you say about OS/IDE version is very interesting as I have quite a different opinion:
    1) I find VS2010 much worse than VS2008 specially because they added some .Net WPF for the GUI and IMHO it makes VS2010 much slower than VS2008 (I hate everything than uses shitty lame slow runtimes like .Net or Java)
    2) As a developer I always try to develop on the oldest OS that needs to be supported (i.e. usually Windows XP 32bits) and to use IDE/CRT's which are not too new so that I maximize my chances that it will work on all OS versions up without headaches :) I usually have a multi-boot config to test on all required OS's. Btw let me test on Win7 home premium 64bits... :)

Ok just tested on Win7 Home Premium 64 bits and it works on that platform i.e. the UDL dialog opens without problem with "User Defined Language v.2.1.3.0" in the title.
    So definitely a "It works on my machine" kind-of problem or more precisely "It works on my OS version" ;) If you need more info let me know.

Btw I would really be interested by the "list of most typical excuses users get from Open source developers", if you have a link about that would be really nice of you once again :)

PS1: just realized that I might as well use the message "Edit" functionality of this forum instead of adding more messages :)

PS2: damned, I cannot delete my own messages, I get a "Moderate access required" message when I try to do so :( So sorry for polluting the forum and please delete my two following messages if you can, thanks :)

Last edit: Wetware Bot 2012-12-11
  • GerdB
    GerdB
    2012-12-11

@Loreia

I selected "Keyword17" type, but that doesn't show on screen shot because tree control lost focus. Perhaps I should add a small static text control that display name of selected control?

Did you consider applying TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style to the TreeView?

regards
    Gerd

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

Hi Gred,

thanks for the tip.
    I noticed the problem as I was typing that post. 15 minutes after posting I discovered where the problem was, and fixed it, but forgot to edit the original post.
    That option should be set by default IMO.

Br,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

Btw I would really be interested by the "list of most typical excuses users get from Open source developers", if you have a link about that would be really nice of you once again :)

I tried searching through my web browser history, but I couldn't find it.
    Maybe it was something that popped on my G+ account. It was quite funny though :-)

BR,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

The exception details are as follows: Code: 0xC0000005. Type: Access Violation. Exception address: 0x004A65FB".

Ok just tested on Win7 Home Premium 64 bits and it works on that platform i.e. the UDL dialog opens without problem with "User Defined Language v.2.1.3.0" in the title.
    So definitely a "It works on my machine" kind-of problem or more precisely "It works on my OS version" ;) If you need more info let me know.

Exactly what I was expecting. I hope I will be able to reproduce it in VM.

BR,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-11

What you say about OS/IDE version is very interesting as I have quite a different opinion:
    1) I find VS2010 much worse than VS2008 specially because they added some .Net WPF for the GUI and IMHO it makes VS2010 much slower than VS2008 (I hate everything than uses shitty lame slow runtimes like .Net or Java)
    2) As a developer I always try to develop on the oldest OS that needs to be supported (i.e. usually Windows XP 32bits) and to use IDE/CRT's which are not too new so that I maximize my chances that it will work on all OS versions up without headaches :) I usually have a multi-boot config to test on all required OS's. Btw let me test on Win7 home premium 64bits... :)

Interesting points of view :-)
    I agree about .net and Java (if I choose to write interpreted code, it is Python or nothing for me), but VS2010 actually runs noticeably faster than VS2008 on my machine.
    And my experience with Visual studio is strange.
    VS6 was OK, but didn't fully implement C++ standard (e.g. write for (int i=0; i<10; ++i) and 'i' would be visible in parent scope of for loop)
    VS2003 was also OK
    VS2005 was driving me nuts, WinSxS and manifests were killing me, placing dll in the same directory was no longer enough. And it had that ugly bug when it was saving to NCB file one byte at time (making it slow and the whole process lasting for 2-3 hours during which I couldn't close solution. Official response from MS was: "It will be fixed in VS2008" !!)
    So, I switched to VS2008. Only to discover it couldn't compile Notepad++. Luckily, after applying SP1 it started working as expected.
    Generally, VS2008 was the best one, but it had its own share of problems. For example, pressing Ctrl+l (cut line) several times in row, would crush VS2008. Also, if editing RC file in external editor and clicking "Apply changes" in VS2008 would also crush application.
    And finally, VS2010 is the first one that "just works", at least for the short time that I've been using it.

I guess, I should have switched to gcc years ago.

BR,
    Loreia

• Wetware Bot
    Wetware Bot
    2012-12-12

Hi Loreia,

Thank you for investigating the bug and deleting my 2 previous redundant messages.

Thank you also for describing your experience with each successive version of VS, it's interesting.

I haven't retested VS2010 for a while on Windows XP 32 bits, maybe it made some progress on the performance side but I must say I find VS2008 good enough and I have been lucky not to come across too many annoying bugs so for now am sticking to it.

Regarding gcc it would be the equivalent of using cl.exe without any IDE.
    Code::Blocks could be another C++ IDE option (can use both gcc and cl)

Well after you are done with UDL2, if you are bored you always have the option to turn Notepad++ into the best C++ IDE on the market ;)

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-12

Thank you also for describing your experience with each successive version of VS, it's interesting.

I guess, one just needs to learn how to circumvent limitations and errors of each version, and then using VS becomes an acceptable experience. That thing does have incredible debugger, so it is worth the pain.

I haven't retested VS2010 for a while on Windows XP 32 bits, maybe it made some progress on the performance side but I must say I find VS2008 good enough and I have been lucky not to come across too many annoying bugs so for now am sticking to it.

If you find something that works, then stick with it. Just be careful not to end up using VS6 in 2035 :-). Eventually you need to move on and use newer versions. My 'policy' is "don't use latest version, instead use the one before that."

So, when MS is switching to VS2012, that signals to me "it is time to consider switching to VS2010". In this way, SP (service pack) is already available, and there is a ton of information on Google about every possible problem one might encounter.

Basically, I don't mind having latest version of my music player program, but when it comes to development, I play it safe and use table versions only.

Regarding gcc it would be the equivalent of using cl.exe without any IDE.
    Code::Blocks could be another C++ IDE option (can use both gcc and cl)

I tried that several times, but quickly gave up due to lack of time and lack of interest (VS is just working, so I always come back to it)

Well after you are done with UDL2, if you are bored you always have the option to turn Notepad++ into the best C++ IDE on the market ;)

If I had a nickel every time I thought of this ...
    Npp should be able to open VS projects and solutions and integrate "Source cookiefier" functionality. That would be a killer combination.

.... off to squash some UDL bugs ...

BR,
    Loreia

• Wetware Bot
    Wetware Bot
    2012-12-12

I found that list of 55 programmer's excuses http://www.possibility.com/wiki/index.php?title=ProgrammerExcuses
    God I like geeky humour too much :)))

Totally agree with what you said about using versions. I must say I have a slight bias in using slightly older versions than I should of things because:
    1) As you mentioned they've been tested, refined, documented over and over and hence are usually (not always) quite reliable.
    2) I don't spend too much time/money frequently updating/testing things

The only exception I currently make to these rules is Notepad++-UDL2, so I think it tells you how much I appreciate your work :))

Wrt to giving Npp a C++ IDE functionality, do you think it's possible for an application to be at the same time a lightweight text editor (which is fast & simple nonetheless has lots of functionalities) and a fully-fledge C++ IDE?

Last edit: Wetware Bot 2012-12-12
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-18

Another small progress report:

Main window:
    main window

Styler information text is just a hard coded sample, in reality it should reflect actual formatting.

Keyword dialog:

Folding dialog:

Number dialog:

Delimiter dialog:

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-18

Delimiter styler dialog:

Folding sytler dialog:

Number styler dialog:

Keyword styler dialog:

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-18

There it is.
    UDL dialog is slowly getting its new shape.
    Once I reach the point where I am happy with GUI, and if there is no feedback from users (well, rare readers of this thread), I will implement it in my git development branch.

BR,
    Loreia

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-18

Hi WetwareBot,

I still did not solve the problem with XP version crashing. But at least I discovered it is easily reproducible :-)

he only exception I currently make to these rules is Notepad++-UDL2, so I think it tells you how much I appreciate your work :))

I guess I am in the same boat. UDL2 is the only beta piece of software that I use daily. I just happen to be the author of it :-P Many times I am writing new code in NPP UDL that is running in debugger. So, after I finish coding I first stop debugging, than hit F5 and hope for the best. I really like this UDL2 thing. :-)

Wrt to giving Npp a C++ IDE functionality, do you think it's possible for an application to be at the same time a lightweight text editor (which is fast & simple nonetheless has lots of functionalities) and a fully-fledge C++ IDE?

Definitely it is possible. But that is a lot of work. And one needs to know compiler very well in order to use through text editor. I am going to be happy to have Npp support Visual Studio projects, search within a)current project b)entire solution, and has an easy way to invoke compiler through command line.

But lets finish UDL first.
    BR,
    Loreia

• stealth789
    stealth789
    2012-12-19

Hi,

thank you for great work. Using UDL I've found 2 problems. I'm trying to implement custom syntax for SAP ABAP language. I have this 2 question/suggestions:

1) Comment
    In ABAP there are 2 options for commenting code. Both are line comments. You can use * in the beginning of line, or " anywhere in the line to comment your code. When character * is not in the beginning, then it is an operator.

* line comment in the beginning of line only
        " line comment anywhere in line
        ...->* " operator

So I need two type of line comments with option to set Force line comment for one of them. Then I can set Line comment 1 with * and forced option marked, and Line comment 2 with " and NO forced option marked.

2) Folder - Case
    ABAP language is NOT case sensitive. So i can write it in any case. Here I've found problem, I need help with. Let's say we have code like this:

begin of aaa

end of aaa

BEGIN OF BBB

END OF BBB

What I wan to to achieve is to fold code "begin of" and "end of" in any case. So I defined Folding in code 2 style (separators needed) as follows:

Open:

"begin of"

Close:

"end of"

As language is NOT case sensitive I've set Ignore case to marked. In this scenario only UPPER case part was highlighted correctly. But not lower case part :(. Scenario with UNMARKED Ignore case option worked correctly. Am I missing something here?

I tested this with clean portable version of Notepad++ v6.2.3. In UDL I've set folding only.

Thanks for any help here.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-12-19

Hi stealth789,

both problems are solved in UDL RC 2.1 version.
    Please download it from my hithub page and let me know if it works for you.

BR,
    Loreia

• stealth789
      stealth789
      2013-02-11

Hi Loreia,

thank you for fixing point 2). Now in my current version:
      Notepad++: v6.3 (UNICODE)
      UDL: v2.1.0.12
      it's wotrking correctly.

But my question 1) is not solved in current version. There's no way to achieve what I need in current configuration. But it's not bug it's ask for new feature. Let's show another example of my problem. As I said before in ABAP language, there are 2 line comments characters "*" and """. Character "*" is comment ONLY when it's in the beginning of line. """ is line comment anywhere in line. See example:

* this is line comment
      " this is also line comment
      select * from " line comment should start here after ",
                    " * should act as operator, not line comment

As you can see here, * is line comment only when it's in the beginning of line. When it's elsewhere, it's operator.

In current configuration as we have only line comments in ABAP, I need to insert both characters to Comment line style > Open field. Else it won't work. But here's the problem. I can choose from options:

Allow anywhere - Then * won't act as operator when it's not in the beginning of line => Not working
      Force at beginning of line - * works correctly, but then " is not comment when it's not in the beginning of line => Not working
      Allow preceding whitespace - This won't solve anything here.

Basically in current configuration I cannot achieve my goal. In my point of view I need 2 options for Line Comment style here. Then I can set:
      Comment line style #1 > Open "*" - Force at beginning of line
      Comment line style #2 > Open """ - Allow anywhere

If there's another way to achieve this please let me know.

Thanks for any help here, or considering this feature.

Last edit: stealth789 2013-02-11
<< < 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 > >> (Page 10 of 13)