Here's the annonce of Notepad++ v3.7 release. It's a little late but better than never :
Notepad++ v3.7 Release is available here :
The main point of v3.7 is fix the Unicode bugs. There're interesting adding features either, especially HexEditor plugin, made by Jens Lorenz.
v3.7 new features and fixed bugs :
1. Fix UCS2 LE bug.
2. Fix search/replace in UTF-8 file problem.
3. Fix the bug to paste the EOL which is not conforme to destination document.
4. Add the auto-expansion capacity (reacting on the cursor position) for search feature (Ctrl+F / Ctrl+Alt+I).
5. Add the window (document) list feature.
6. Add updating file silently feature (to enable it via Preference Dialog).
7. Add CURRENT_WORD and NPP_DIRECTORY in environment variables.
8. Fix the bug for New document setting.
> 4. Add the auto-expansion capacity (reacting on the cursor position) for search feature (Ctrl+F / Ctrl+Alt+I).
> 6. Add updating file silently feature (to enable it via Preference Dialog).
Great. Auto-reload is a great time saver !!
Just a minor request, can this tag a changed file, when it auto-reloads ?
HOW to do that is tricky - Perhaps a tag colour,
[like red now for edited], selected from the File-time stamp ?.
You want to catch all files of a 'fresh build'
but avoid toggle creepage ( eg link fails, so MAP does not change )
Or maybe hover over the tab, could show the path and date of the file ?