Regex

XXN
2014-07-17
2014-07-19
  • XXN
    XXN
    2014-07-17

After latest updates N++'s regex has been altered. Now i can't anymore match entire lines with regex expression (.*), if they are empty. Also, if lines in file contains two strings in a line separated by a space (like first and second name of persons) regex expression (.*) does not match entire line anymore, but only last string.
    Prior to this i used this expression to match entire line and to replace with different other values and expressions.

Last edit: XXN 2014-07-18
  • I don't get these results, I've tried a couple of versions, including the latest 6.6.7. If you unzip the Notepad++ zip to a new directory, and run that version, do you get the same results? Just to check if you've got an odd plugin, or a corrupted installation somehow.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• XXN
    XXN
    2014-07-19

I have removed completely 6.6.7 and reinstalled it - problem persisted. Then downgraded to 6.6.6, then to 6.6.4. - again no effect. Now i have installed N++ 5.9 and problem still persist. :(

p.s. I'm using Windows 7. Each uninstall/downgrade was done professionally, using Revo Uninstaller Pro and removing all files and registry items related to N++.

Last edit: XXN 2014-07-19
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    2014-07-19

Hi,

As you can see in the attached screen shot in some installation (a least in mine) the regex is work: all 8 lines are matched.

Perhaps your error is caused by an plugin which is causing the trouble. I would suggest to reinstall version 6.6.7 again.

After the instalation is done make sure that Notepad++ is not running. Change to the directory of you Notepad++ installation (by default %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++ - you can enter this in the adress line of your Windows-Explorer). You can disable all plugins by renaming the folder plugins (e.g. rename it to xxx). Then start Notepad++ and you will see that no plugin is loaded. In this setting try the regex again. If it is working without the plugins you should find out which plugin is causing the trouble by deinstalling them individually.

Regards,
    Thomas

• XXN
    XXN
    2014-07-19

Problem is fixed now.
    Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that I backed up my config and session files, and after each reinstall, first thing I did was to replace original files with these 2 files )) (because i had a session of about 20 tabs, and over 15 settings modified)
    Seems problem was in config.xml. Somehow it become corrupted(?). Now with original config file regex works perfectly again and for me too.

Thank you for support.
    Dan