OS: Windows 7
Notepad++ version: 6.1.7+
1. Open notepad++ and having any unsaved file open
2. Attempt to shutdown windows
3. Notepad++ prompts for saving the file with options "Yes", "No" and "Cancel"
4. Select "Cancel"
5. Windows shutdown screen appears showing applications being waited for termination
6. Click "Cancel" to try to cancel the shutdown process
7. Shutdown process is canceled but the notepad++ window disappears
8. Checking windows task manager and find that "notepad++.exe" process is NOT terminated
9. Work lost :(
My resolution is to downgrade to version 6.1.6 or be extremely careful to check any unsaved file before trying to shutdown. By investigating with my limited skills, I found the problem may exist after SVN revision 949.
And thank you for this great product.