Menu

D800 Focal Length

Ciszq
2014-09-11
2014-09-15
  • Ciszq

Ciszq - 2014-09-11

Hello everybody,

I want to know, how to set the focal length in my camera.

In the Type0006 MAID pdf I found a great solution kNkMAIDCapability_FmmManual, but of course it doesn't work. I can get and send focal length to my Nikon, but the camera doesn't respond. Do you have any idea why?

This is my code:

for (int i = 0; i < 40; i++)
    {
    var fmmManual = _device.GetEnum(eNkMAIDCapability.kNkMAIDCapability_FmmManual);
    fmmManual.Index = i;
    _device.SetEnum(eNkMAIDCapability.kNkMAIDCapability_FmmManual, fmmManual);
    Thread.Sleep(100);
    }

I tried to use demo_manualfocus project, but kNkMAIDCapability_MFDrive can only set driving step and rotation. This information is very useful, but I also need to know the position of the actual focal length.

Thanks for any help.

Last edit: Ciszq 2014-09-12
  • Nic

Nic - 2014-09-12

I assume _FmmManual capa is to set the focallength to a non-cpu lens (see page 212 in D800_EN manual). "Specifying both the focal length and maximum aperture of the lens:
    • Enables color matrix metering" etc...

By _MFDrive you can control the Autofocus motor of a AF-lens. has nothing to do with setting the focal length.

• Ciszq

Ciszq - 2014-09-14

Thank you very much for your answer, it was really helpful.

I have another question. Does anyone know how to control focus using motor only and then capture the photo without AF? At the moment I can set focus manually (using _MFDrive), but when I send Capture or AFCapture request I get the error response "OutOfFocus". It is really depressing and I don't know how to solve this problem. Manual change from AF to MF is not an option in my case.

Thanks for any help.

• Thomas Dideriksen

Make sure live view is on when you issue the Capture command. This should suppress auto-focus. Take a look at the 'demo_manualfocus' project that comes with the wrapper source code.

Hope that helps?

Thanks,

Thomas

• Ciszq

Ciszq - 2014-09-15

Thank you very much for your help.