MUGDHA NAZARE
    2012-05-01

Hi,

I am trying to install ngspice using
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure -enable-xspice
    make
    make install
    During installation it doesn't give any error, but after installation, no command from code model's toolkit e.g. mkmoddir, mksimdir works. As I know, we need these commands in order to create a new code model and then link it with simulator, which is my work requirement.
    Can you please guide me what could be the problem?

Thanks,
    Mugdha

• Holger Vogt
    Holger Vogt
    2012-05-01

Mugdha,

there is no code model's toolkit and there are no commands like mkmoddir, mksimdir.

Please have a look at the actual manual, http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/docs/ngspice-manual.pdf, chapters 25.3 and 27.

Regards

Holger

• MUGDHA NAZARE
    MUGDHA NAZARE
    2012-05-03

Thanks Holger for clearing my doubt. I was referring to the old manuals of NGSPICE.

I have one more doubt. The ngpsice-24.tgz that we use for installation has a README file in ngspice-24/src/xspice which says i would need tclspice to generate my own codemodels, whereas the manual you provided above doesn't mention any of such thing (I have not gone through the whole manual, but have read the relevant parts. Please pardon me if I comment anything wrong). Can you please put some light on this? Do I need tclspice for writing new codemodels?

Regards,
    Mugdha

• Holger Vogt
    Holger Vogt
    2012-05-05

Mugdha,

the XSPICE/README was outdated and not updated for 9 years.

I have made an update to the git repository.

Holger