display freezes under Embedded mode

Gadar Soe
2004-12-21
2013-04-09
  • Gadar Soe
    Gadar Soe
    2004-12-21

Hi,

I tried to run the nfc applet client with embedded mode and the display seems to freeze after clicking the login button. I have tried it from appletviewer, browser and eclipse IDE all resulting in the same problem. A debuggin trace with eclipse showed me that it is waiting at the synchronized method prepareAll of TextView class. Has anybody encountered similar problem before? I am using Windows XP Pro SP 2 and JDK 1.4.2_05. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Daniel Tahin
      Daniel Tahin
      2005-02-07

Hi!

I don't know, what's the problem, but it would be useful, if you could send a detailed log message.
      Did you noticed this error several times? Why do i ask it? I noticed some bizarred errors as well. E.g: the newest Mozilla produces sometimes a fatal error (the chat client and Mozilla terminate itself). Or there is sometimes a NullPointerException.
      It might be an internal bug oj the JDK...

• Gadar Soe
      Gadar Soe
      2005-05-20

Hi, it could be JDK bug. As far as I remember, it is deadlock in event dispatching thread when I tried to debug trace the program. There is no error log since it simply stopped on the client side. The server just continues fine. I am using Win XP SP 2,JDK1.4 and IE 6. Btw, how do i subscribe to this thread so that any new post will be notified. Sorry I am not familiar with sourceforge.net forum.Thanks!

• Daniel Tahin
      Daniel Tahin
      2005-05-23

Hi, i'm using Mozilla1.6 with JRE1.4.2 under Linux, and i didn't get this error. Could you try to start it again, by using an older JDK (e.g. 1.3)? If the problem is still there, we must add some extra code to see, what could happen...
      Sorry, that i not explained: i meant the messages of the Java-console as error log. You will find in tne menu View or Tools. Perhaps you should activate this feature in Tools/Internet Settings.
      You can subscribe to a thread with "Monitor this Forum". You must then do it for each of the forums...

cu,
      Daniel