Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

system will kick off the user

Wei
2005-02-15
2013-04-09
  • Wei
    Wei
    2005-02-15

Hi All
    I have a question about NFC. When user has been idle for the specified  setting time, the system will kick off the user. I want to set my  users not to be kicked off forever, so I set vulture.idle.timeout=0,
    but some of the users were still kicked off after about 2 hours. How can i solve it?

• Daniel Tahin
      Daniel Tahin
      2005-02-15

Hi!

Yes, this can happen. I tried to set the idle.timeout to -1, and it worked well. There was a client idle for more, than 4 hours, and the server didn't kick it.
      Or the other way: set idle.timeout to 10080 (1 week), that could be right enough (hopefully nobody is online for  so long time:-)).
      Let me know, whether it helps!

Daniel

• Wei
      Wei
      2005-02-22

Hi Daniel,
      I am sorry for my lage reply, I think my user is kicked off from following statment:

if (delta > _clientTimeout) {
                              deadClients.add(c);
                              ChatServer.log("ping timeout: " + c.getUserId() );
                          }
      Thanks!
      Tzngvi

• Daniel Tahin
      Daniel Tahin
      2005-02-22

Yes, this is correct. I guess, this code snippet is from Vulture.java :-)
      You could write
      if(_timeoutMinutes==0) {
          try{
                  wait(); //waits forever
              }
              catch(InterruptedException ie)
              {
                  continue;
              }
      }

right after  "while(_keepGoing) {"  to completely disable Vulture, if timeout=0.

This is, because i don't know the server code so well. So if an other code wants to notify the Vulture, it will wait.