Andrew
2004-09-30
2013-04-09
  • Andrew
    Andrew
    2004-09-30

When i login as say "user" this 'nohup ./runFlashServer' mode
    is not logging out the user when he closes the browser window
    so the next time "user" comes back in it logs him in as "user1" as "user" is
    already in there, it didn't log him out on the window close. Where as when
    i'm running the java application in a ssh session it works fine and logs the
    user out straight away just nohup doesn't seem to log them out.

I noticed this also happens for tomcat mode.

Whats happening?

• Hi Andrew,

for other readers: Andrew's post is about the modified nfc-version with autosense and static rooms.

First: please start the standalone server simply with ./runServer. In the autosense-version there is no difference between flash and "normal" clients. I should have removed the startFlashServer-script from the package...

Does the error still occur now?

Sebastian

• Andrew
      Andrew
      2004-09-30

I have fixed this now. Using tomcat mode, I hadn't updated my nfcFlash.swf file i was using the 1 before autosense as it had all my design in it. But as soon as I replaced it with the autosense nfcFlash.swf it works fine. It seems they have something different in them, is that correct? Now I just have to put my design in that one. Another thing I did was rename nfcHTTPEngine.swf to nfcEngine.swf replacing the old 1 before auto sense.

Static rooms dont' seem to be working though i followed the instructions and set it in nfc.conf

Thanks again for the great program!

• Glad to hear it's nearly working now...

Static rooms normally do work, i have been using them for a long time... ;-)
        Maybe you try again with a clean and fresh setup?

Sebastian

• Andrew
      Andrew
      2004-09-30

Come to think of it, if the nfcFlash.swf 1.1.0 is not different than the Autosense one then maybe my flash designer stuffed something up in it? As he doesn't know actionscript

• Andrew
      Andrew
      2004-09-30

So am I meant to rename  nfcHTTPEngine.swf to nfcEngine.swf  ?

And is the nfcFlash.swf 1.1.0 different to the autosense version it seems like it

• > So am I meant to rename nfcHTTPEngine.swf to
        > nfcEngine.swf ?

No, normally not. nfcHttpEngine can be used for http tunnelling in the flash client. But you can still use the old, normal socket connection which is implemented by nfcEngine.

> And is the nfcFlash.swf 1.1.0 different to the autosense
        > version it seems like it

Actually it's a new flash frontend, so yes, it is different. But you do not have to use this new frontend. Your existing flash client should be able to connect to the new server without problems, because the socket communication protocol was not changed at all.

Sebastian