I have created a mailing list for users of Newspipe, hosted at Sourceforge. You can use this list to report bugs, suggestions, or ask any kind of cuestions about Newspipe. I'll try to answer trough the list as fast as possible, as I do with private email, but unlike private mail you might receive an answer from fellow users before I get the free time to answer :)
Based on the number of estimated users of Newspipe, I expect this to be low-to-moderate traffic list, so don't worry about receiving too many emails. ... read more
I have removed the SEND_IMMEDIATE option, because I'm sure it's related to some weird concurrecy errors. I never liked the implementation of that option anyway :) , and have changed the email sending routine to disconnect and reconnect to the smtp server after 10 emails, so that it won't exceed the max number of emails per session. If anyone sees a problem with not having the SEND_INMEDIATE option, please drop me a line and we will work something out.... read more
This release includes a few suggested changes, including the ability to filter ads using regular expressions. Please forward to me any regexp that you consider might be useful.
I'll be on vacations for a couple of weeks starting on april-8, and I hope to really disconnect from everything (specially computers), so if you write after that date, please be patient and don't expect a fast answer :)
Changelog for this release:
* New opml attribute "remove". The value should be a regular expression, and Newspipe will eliminate any text that matches that regular expression from the feeds text. Usefull to remove ads from feeds
* SMTP Authorization support
* New OPML head tags: fromEmail and fromName
* Newspipe can now send the emails to multiple recipients, separating the email address es with ","... read more
After a month without any updates, I still have a lot of ideas and things that need to be done on Newspipe, but simply can't find the time to implement them.
Anyway, I just wanted to release this minor update with a change requested by Sumod, that I think would be really useful to a lot of users (in fact, it has been for me this last week)
* Now all the unknown attributes in the OPML file will be turned into X-Custom-... headers in the emails, for sorting and filtering purposes.
Changelog for this version:
* New opml parameter check_time that controls the time range when the feed will be checked (for example, "7am - 22:00")
* New opml parameter mobile_time that controls the time range when Newspipe will send the mobile versions of emails (for example, "16:30 - 10:30pm")
* New .ini parameter subject, can be used to prepend a string to the subject of every email
Changelog for this version:
* Added List-Id and Content-Location headers, as suggested in https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1109286&group_id=114820&atid=669525
* The References and In-Reply-To will only be present when the new "threading" parameter is set to 1 in the .ini file. It's been reported that they annoy some users :)
* Removed some debugging headers. They will only be included in the mails when the program is run in DEBUG mode.
* Try to use the feed author email as From address, when possible
* Fixed typo in parameters: immediate
- Support for proxy servers, controlled with the new .ini file parameter: proxy (Thanks to David Malkovsky for this)
- New command line parameter: --inifile to control the location and name of the .ini file
- Now all the parameters in the .ini file can be overridden with command line parameters. (use the --help parameter to see a list of available options)
Merry Christmas to you.
Bugfix release. This upgrade is recommended for all users.
- Fixed a bug resolving relative urls, introduced in v1.1.2
The changelog for this release is:
- Fixed the stupid error when Newspipe.py wasn't run from the same folder it's installed in
- New OPML parameter: download_images. It defaults to "1". If set to "0", Newspipe won't download any images, and the emails will link to them externally