Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Running networkminer on Windows Vista 64-bit

Help
2009-04-08
2013-04-29
  • Brian Daniel
    Brian Daniel
    2009-04-08

I need to have the .NET framework installed. However, I can not install it from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit so the .net install Erik mentioned wont work for my system.

• Brian Daniel
      Brian Daniel
      2009-04-08

I tried installing this 64-bit version of .NET 2.0:

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x64)
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B44A0000-ACF8-4FA1-AFFB-40E78D788B00&displaylang=en

It just tells me it is installed already.
      My error when running networkminer follows:
      Unable to start NetworkMiner
      Make sure that you have the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 installed and that you are not runnin NetworkMiner from a network share.
      Could not load file or assembly 'pssdk.net, Version=3.1.2805.20577, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. [OK]

Do I need to download the source and compile it myself?

• Erik Hjelmvik
        Erik Hjelmvik
        2009-04-08

OK. I will have to change the error message for the next version of NetworkMiner, I'm afraid it is a bit confusing right now.

It seems as if the root problem lies in the pssdk.dll, which is the MicroOLAP driver.

The microOLAP PSSDK network driver is a piece of code that I don't control, so I cannot fix this bug. I will probably just remove the microOLAP support from the next version of NetworkMiner instead.

You could try to remove the microOLAP adapter from the source code if you don't wanna wait for the next NetworkMiner release.

• mabra
      mabra
      2009-07-23

Hi !

Using the .88 version, I have a similar problem on the server:The winpcap driver [4.0.2] - although working properly with wireshark - is not found. Is this the microOLAP problem?

Any help would be great!

Thanks a lot!

br--mabra