Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Mesh - Geometry mapping

Help
Anonymous
2013-02-21
2013-05-27

• Anonymous
    2013-02-21

I'm using the nglib with OpenCascade to create a surface mesh from a step file. Is there any way to map mesh triangles with the original geometry surfaces? In the header file I haven't found any function to do that. It looks like the .vol file format support this feature, is saving in this format and reading the information contained the only way to do that using nglib?

• Víctor SV
    Víctor SV
    2013-03-06

Hello,

I think I'am doing something similar to your needs, i expain my solution for this, but i don't know if it is the best solution (i'am a newbie :) ).

Once you have meshed the geometry, with nglib, you can do a loop and get any surface element with Ng_GetSurfaceElement, then with OCC you can project each surface element over any face of the geometry.

To do that i use the GeomAPI package. You can read some info  in the following link (in a browser):
    ftp://visualfea.chonbuk.ac.kr/Upload/OCCTDocumentation6.5.2/html/package__geomapi.html

Hopes it will be usefull.
    Victor.