Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Nglib and shape healing functionality

Help
Anonymous
2011-10-03
2013-05-27

• Anonymous
    2011-10-03

Is there any way we can get the shape-healing functionality exposed in the nglib API?

• vijay
    vijay
    2012-07-16

Hello everyone.

I'm using nglib to load a CAD geometry in IGES format and generate surface mesh. I want to heal the geometry before generating the mesh but I do not find any healing functions in nglib.h. I tried to dig through the nglib source code and found that OCCGeometry has a healing function called HealGeometry(). But I'm not able to create an object of type OCCGeometry since it generates the compilation error "Undefined symbols: vtable for NetgenGeometry referenced from…" and "vtable for OCCGeometry referenced from…".

Can someone tell me how to create an instance of OCCGeometry in my code?

• sgosselin
    sgosselin
    2012-07-16

If you look at nglib's code, the Ng_OCC_Geometry pointer you obtain when you call, say, Ng_OCC_Load_BREP() is no more than a void pointer to an OCCGeometry instance. Therefore, to have access to the OCCGeometry class interface, just cast the void pointer to an OCCGeometry pointer.

Something like this:
    netgen::OCCGeometry* occgeom = reinterpret_cast<netgen::OCCGeometry*>(ngoccgeom);

• vijay
    vijay
    2012-07-17

Thank you. As you mentioned, I casted Ng_OCC_Geometry pointer to OCCGeometry and it is working fine. But I have one more question. To use healing, I have to add the dynamic library -locc to my project. Can I pack the library  libocc.so along with a commercial software? Does it come under LGPL (like libnglib.so)?