With this patch, there's no more tabbed mode. Here's
the list of changes:
1. the preference 'Open File In New Tab' (better
name?), resource nedit.openInTab: True, decides if
files should be opened in new tabs/windows?
2. File->New is now File->New_Window. Ctrl-N retained.
<Shift> key functionality has been removed.
3. added File->New_Tab with Ctrl-T.
4. option -win has been removed.
5. options -tabbed & -untabbed (both nc & nedit) are
now used to decide whether the files end up in
tabs/windows. Both options apply to all files specified
after the options. If neither present, then
nedit.openInTab is consulted.