It would be a boon to supporting NEdit if one of the
Help windows ("Version") had detailed information on
1) Build platform (OS, CPU, OS version) - basically the
output of a "uname -a"
2) Client platform (same info as above, but extracted
from the running system)
3) Full nedit version number (it would be nice if it
was automatically extracted from CVS somehow)
4) Date and time executable was built in GMT (this is
very handy as we can extract a NEdit version by date
out of CVS.)
5) Username and machine of person who built the
executable - this is handy for us to ask questions
later during release engineering.
All of these should be automatically generated by the
build system, and not require hand maintenance.