Help
jamiemcd
2004-09-24
2012-10-06
  • jamiemcd
    jamiemcd
    2004-09-24

My config,
    Clean install of Suse 9.1 Pro, with all the Yast updates. Installed ndiswrapper of the Suse CD, version 6 I believe. My laptop is a Compaq r3000 with a built in Broadcom 11g wireless NIC.(BCM94306) I am using an older driver version 3.40.25.3.

Set up everything and it worked great for about two hours. Now everytime I run iwlist wlan0 scan it doesn't come up with any scan results. All I was doing was browsing the web when it died, wasn't changing any configs, or installing any apps. If I reboot, XP works fine.

I know I should probably upgrade, but as a noob I am going to have learn how to map to the source as it says in the install file. Any other solutions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Jamie

• xNaN0x
      xNaN0x
      2004-09-28

if you install the suse 9.1 source kernel through the yast tool. you won't have to worry about mapping the kernel. there are a couple of other posts about 9.1 that you should read if you run into problems.

if you want to use yast; open the yast tool, go to the installing software section/icon, once it is open go to the searching tool, and type kernel. this should bring up the kernel that you have installed, and if you scroll that selection over to the right you will see the option to install the source also. click on that and click done and it will install the source kernel for you.