diswrapper installed with broadcom bcmwl5

Help
2005-01-17
2012-10-06
  • CrashOveride00

CrashOveride00 - 2005-01-17

Hi,

I've installed the broadcom bcmwl5 driver for my
    truemobile 1300 card, the module loads fine, i checked to make sure that the version i installed of
    ndiswrapper was the only one on the machine, i set the ESSID, i did all the proper configuration steps, and I am sure that the radio is on (i set it to on in the bios, and also tried different combinations of fn+f2 which is what my laptop uses to enable or disable the radio) and everytime i do a

iwlist wlan0 scan

i get no results. My network is definitely setup to
    broadcast the SSID, its just not finding it. I try to
    go through all the steps to bring up the interface
    anyway, but it just doesnt work. The module is definitely loaded correctly because i checked the log files with dmesg, and when i switch over to windows i pick up and see the wireless network just fine. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

• benton

benton - 2005-01-18

Hey, CrashOveride00.

I am having the same problem with my TrueMobile 1400. My bug report is two mesages down on this forum:
      <http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1209774&forum_id=323168>

Are you running one of the Red Hat distros by any chance? If so, did you recompile the kernel with the 4K stack size option? This is what I plan to try next.

• benton