I need help installing ndiswrapper

absol
2007-02-18
2012-10-06
  • absol
    absol
    2007-02-18

I'm attempting to use it on Linux Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft). My kernel version is 2.6.17-10-generic. I just installed it a few days ago and I cannot use the internet on it because I have a linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter (WUSB54G). After searching for a long time, I found ndiswrapper. However I cannot understand the installation instructions on the wiki or the text file that came with it. I am new to this stuff so I am having problems. I am hoping that someone out there can help me. I would REALLY appreciate it.
    P.S. I have absolutely no programming knowledge in case that matters.

• Carls Guzman
      Carls Guzman
      2007-02-26

Ubuntu usually comes with ndiswrapper already installed. The command prompt has been around since basic/basica. You have to open up a teletype window called a console(ibm) terminal. With a gui interface it is called Xterm. Once there type ndiswrapper and run with it.
      The download from here is a tar gzipped file, so from the console type tar -xvhf n<tab><enter> which will create a directory in you file system. Look for the executable and type ./ndiswrapper. If I can do this anybody can!