usr11g, strange problem (URS 5414 Wireless ca

2004-12-17
2012-10-06
  • Herald Becker
    Herald Becker
    2004-12-17

Hi there, I was wondering if anybody has this card working with the 6.0b drivers from U.S. Robotics, because I've been desperately trying to get it to work.

If I use the wg311v2 drivers, my card gets detected, and crashes my machine on the iwconfig essid ESSID part.

I've checked both inf files for the drivers, even extracted the cabs for the usr11g stuff. and install them.

Difference is:
    1) when using or ndiswrapper -l for the usr11g it gives me hardware present. And with that other inf file it gives me a fuzzy behind it.
    2) if I check (Gentoo system) the place where all te stuff has been copied in the wg311 list there are 2 FwRad*.bin file's that seem to be enabled in the inf. They were disabled in the usrg11 and tried to enable them, no go. Not even after copying.

I know, this is a lot of text, but could anybody help or enlighten me??
    Since in the supported card list it states that USR driver should work, or am I reading that wrong?

• Hugo Rodrigues
      Hugo Rodrigues
      2004-12-30

I have the same card (and one USR5410 also which also works) and managed to get it working with ndsiwrapper 0.12. I got it working even using WEP enabled. But it seems to to hang my machine after a while. I was using Mandrake Linux 10.0 Community. I am now gonna try Mandrake 10.1 Community to see if it helps with the hangs.