Not working it seems

Help
snoopdog
2004-07-24
2004-07-25
  • snoopdog
    snoopdog
    2004-07-24

I installed all the way up to version B of this project. Everything seemed to work ok during the install, i ran it as root. My wireless works with NDIS Wrapper but the monitor just shows a link about 100 percent and the other things like the ESSID and stat pages are blank. Any ideas ? I have a TM1300 on a Dell Inspiron 8500 using the latest NDIS Wrapper.

• snoopdog
      snoopdog
      2004-07-24

Mistype there, it shows 108 percent !!! not 100 percent, and still not working

• Tim
      Tim
      2004-07-25

What is your network device? it defaults to wlan0... if that is what you are using, then do this:

cat /proc/net/ndsiwrapper/wlan0/wep
      cat /proc/net/ndsiwrapper/wlan0/hw
      cat /proc/net/ndsiwrapper/wlan0/stats

if those files are there, then maybe your wireless card has a different MAX value for the signal level.   My card (dlink) has a max value of approximately 200.  It may even be 255-256, but if the files above are there, I would go into the src/global.h file and at the top where it says

#define MAX_SIGNAL_LEVEL 200

change that to 256, recompile (make clean; make) and then see if that fixes it.   In the next release, I am going to put a config option for that, because most cards have a different max level, and you just have to play around with it to find out what it is becuase they don't tell you, unfortunately...  Most cards come with a windows utility to show the stats, and that value is in those, but I've not seen it referenced anywhere, so you have to guess...

Thanks!  and let me know if that works for you!

-Tim