Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Cant link to CSS. Editor rermoving tags!

Help
Mas
2006-11-12
2013-03-07
  • Mas
    Mas
    2006-11-12

So I was getting accustomed to some of the features when I tried putting my index.html which links to struct.css

Im not sure why that wouldnt work. I changed the link inside my index.html to "page3.aspx" (which was the index at hand) and then for some reason, everytime I go back to HTML view, a view tags like <head></head> and the rest are not there... I think this is done automatically. However, my point is, how do I link to the CSS file I have???

Thanks!

--mas

• Mas
      Mas
      2006-11-12

Ok so i guess you use the template for the headers and footers... which is kind of annoying but that would do just fine....
      I figured that one out by myself as well... however, i still stuck at something. I have an index.html and I wanted to link it to my CSS page that is already inside the DB. Im not being able to access using the nomenclature page[number].aspx.

My Template (templatecss) has this inside the head
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" href="/page3.aspx" />
      And then my css page is saved under the link /page.aspx in the database.
      Also my index.html uses the template called templatecss.

Any ideas? could it be because the css page has the extension aspx and its not recognizing the file :S?

• Mas
      Mas
      2006-11-12

I guess one of the only alternatives is embedding the style sheet in the header (ie: in the template).

When using the WYSIWYG however, why is it I cant view the page the way it shows in the browser??? The <head> isnt loaded and thus i cant see the page like it should be seen. It is rather seen unorganized (no css).... :S any ideas here?

• Tim Bell
      Tim Bell
      2006-11-16

You can try and update the WYSIWYG editor here:

http://rtef.info

the updated WYSIWYG allows you to append a css style sheet to the edit window.

Snippet from demo (look for css_override):

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      function submitForm() {
          //make sure hidden and iframe values are in sync before submitting form
          updateRTEs();
          alert("rte1 = " + document.RTEDemo.rte1.value);
          //change the following line to true to submit form
          return false;
      }

//Usage: initRTE(imagesPath, includesPath, cssFile, genXHTML)
      initRTE("images/", "", "", true);
      //-->
      </script>
      <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      // Optional javascript rteSafe function
      // var SAFE_CONTENT = rteSafe(YOUR_CONTENT);
      // writeRichText('rte1', SAFE_CONTENT, '', 500, 150, true, false, false);

//Usage: writeRichText(fieldname, html, css_override, width, height, buttons, readOnly, fullscreen)
      writeRichText('rte1', 'here&#39;s the "<em>preloaded</em> <b>content</b>"', '', 500, 150, true, false, false);
      //-->
      </script>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If your still having trouble you could always buy ($14.95) my updated ndCMS (called CONTENTspinner) here:

http://thirdspin.com

CONTENTspinner is ASP.NET 2.0 has the updated editor and includes a new database wrapper that is light years faster. Downfall is is that it's closed source (Never had anyone offer to buy the source code yet).

I created CONTENTspinner because after 20,000 downloads I have only received one donation of $10.00 (in which I only received $8.00, sf took $2)