Ubuntu Dark Theme/ NClass Menu Unreadable

2009-10-24
2013-04-30
  • Bryan Gilbert
    Bryan Gilbert
    2009-10-24

Hi,

I really enjoy using NClass, its a very simple and powerful UML editor, and I haven't found any that can compete with it on linux. However, I recently began using a dark theme for my ubuntu installation, and it appears that NClass does not use the OS colors for the Menu (File, Edit, Diagram, etc.) bar, but instead uses a very light background. The problem is that it uses the OS font color to render the font for the menu items which in my case is almost an identical color to the NClass menu background. This is also a an issue in any of the preference boxes as well. I don't know if this is a bug or something I can control in any way. Is there anything that I can do short of changing my theme to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    Bryan

• Balazs Tihanyi
    Balazs Tihanyi
    2009-10-24

Hi,

I don't use Linux, but in Windows there is a window color setting called '3D objects' and it's used all over in NClass (including menus). I think there should a similar setting in Ubuntu as well.
    But if not and all of your window/control background colors are set to dark, it may be a Mono bug and you should contact its development team.

Balazs