Menu

Converting .ncc files in order to transfer on to a Symbian/As​ha/Lumia phone

Anonymous
2014-03-29
2019-04-24
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-29

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone can advise me on how to convert the following .ncc files on the PC in order to transfer on to a Symbian/Asha/Lumia phone and whether they would be compatible.

Advanced Functions
    Ease Of Use
    Fun Functions
    Profiles

I backed up the files from my Mum's old phone which is a Nokia 3100 to my laptop using Nokia PC Suite 5.17.2 via a DKU-5 cable. I want to transfer the files from the laptop once they have been converted and sent via Bluetooth using the built-in Bluetooth receiver as the new phone she currently has is a Nokia Asha 206 and only supports Bluetooth as a way of transferring data from the laptop to the new phone.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

RocknRollTim

P.S. I was advised by a user off the Nokia Support Discussions Forum on 05/03/2014 to convert the .nbu files once I had converted and extracted the contents from the.ncc files using the Nokia .ncc - .vcf (vCard) converter from http://www.ingenotech.com/products/ but still unable to do so and very confused at this moment in time as to what to do next.

• petrusek

petrusek - 2014-03-29

I have never seen ncc format so it is not supported by NbuExplorer. If someone could provide sample of such backup I could try to understand it and hopefully add it to supported formats in future versions of NbuExplorer.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-03-30

Hi petrusek,

I'll provide you some sample backups either later on today or in the next week so you can incorporate the .ncc file extension into a future release of NbuExplorer.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

• petrusek

petrusek - 2014-03-30

OK, I will be looking forward.

• RocknRollTim

RocknRollTim - 2014-04-07

Hi petrusek,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about sending you the sample backups you requested and that I am having troubles with the Connection Manager in Nokia PC Suite 5.17 and will need to consult the Nokia Forum for help in order to rectify these issues. I'll send you the sample backups as soon as I have rectified these issue.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

• RocknRollTim

RocknRollTim - 2014-05-05

Hi petrusek, sorry for the really long delay in getting back to you and I haven't forgotten about sending you copies of the .ncc files. Reason why it has taken me so long in getting back to you is due to compatibility issues with certain drivers and programs on my laptop such as the DKU-5 and CA-42 cables as well as the Nokia PC Suite 5.17.2 after upgrading from XP to Vista and had to do a clean install of the system to ensure there were no problems after upgrading. I'll promise to keep you posted and to send you copies of the .ncc files as soon as everything is working properly.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-06-17

Hi petrusek, just to let you know I have got everything working apart from the DKU-5 driver, I'm hoping to get the test files sent to you soon. Apologies for the long delay in getting back to you.

Apologies,

RocknRollTim

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-07-23

Hi petrusek, I'm still testing to get the cable drivers to work with Vista.

Apologies,

RocknRollTim

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-23

Hi petrusek, I have forgotten to keep you posted, it's just I've been very busy and haven't got round to testing, I'll be back on track once I've got a few minutes.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-09-25

Still ongoing

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-10-26

In progress

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-11-27

To be continued

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-01-01

Still in progress

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-02-01

Again still in progress as I've got lots of projects on the go, hopefully I will settle down to this one soon.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-03-07

Unfortunately still ongoing

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-04-13

Hi petrusek, just to let you know that the testing is still ongoing and haven't forgotten, I'll still keep you posted.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-02
    Post awaiting moderation.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel