Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Android Install Problem

Help
Ralf
2012-03-26
2013-06-03
  • Ralf
    Ralf
    2012-03-26

I had previously installed Navit through GooglePlay. This version is outdated (September 2011). I'm so over /navit/android/svn installed the last APK. When I start Navit, then says "Navit is running" because. The screen remains dark and Navit can not see? What do I do wrong?

Ich hatte bisher Navit ber Google installiert. Diese Version ist jedoch veraltet (September 2011). Ich habe deshalb ber /navit/android/svn das letzte APK installiert.
    Wenn ich Navit starte, dann steht "Navit is running" da. Der Bildschirm bleibt jedoch dunkel und Navit ist nicht zu sehen?
    Was kann ich falsch gemacht haben?

• Peter Szabo
    Peter Szabo
    2012-03-27

Hi,
    as far as i see, there are no release policy / plan for Android. I guess you tried a nightly / weekly build and those are AFAIK simpe snapshots, with an uncertain level of functionality. Maybe you should try a different one?

• Ralf
    Ralf
    2012-03-27

Thanks, but I would like to use Navit. It offers free offline navigation.

• Peter Szabo
    Peter Szabo
    2012-03-27

Ralf, you misunderstood me…  I suggested to try a different build, not a different software :)  Try to install the latest, and if still does not work, post the exact file name, that is a vital info for devs.

• Ralf
    Ralf
    2012-03-29

I installed the version of "navit-svn-4997.apk" over the already existing Navit from GooglePlay. Now starts Navit.
    Previously I've always deleted the old version and then install the new APK.

How should I enter the address to search -> ZIP code, city, street, house number? It is found only the city but not the specified street.