Question about Navit on Windows

Help
2012-05-16
2013-06-03
  • muhammad ahmed
    muhammad ahmed
    2012-05-16

HI There,
    First of all my appreciations for the developers, its a great project.
    I am using Navit for the first time . I have downloaded my maps and configured it successfully.
    I am using it on Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Now the Question:

It is so far showing only Zoom buttons and my current location on the map.

But no information about distance from destination/ Speed/  estimated time to destination etc on screen.
    Is there a way I can show them ?

Thanks,
    Ahmed

• Stefan
    Stefan
    2012-06-23

Hi Ahmed,
    I use Navit for about one week, too.
    I run it on a WeTab with Win8 RP.

You have to change / config the navit.xml.

Usually it looks like this:

<osd enabled="no" type="compass"/>
    <osd enabled="no" type="gps_status" x="-32" y="-58"/>
    <osd enabled="no" type="eta"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_distance_to_target"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_distance_to_next"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_next_turn"/> 
    <!-- Commands include gui_internal_menu, gui_internal_fullscreen, zoom_in and zoom_out.
    Usage of negative values change the button origins. x="0" y="0" specifies the top left, x="-0" y="-0" the bottom right corner.
    It's always the top left corner of the icon, so you need to consider the icon's size when you enter the values. -->
    <osd enabled="no" type="button" x="0" y="-24" command="gui.fullscreen=!gui.fullscreen" src="toggle_fullscreen.png"/>
    <osd enabled="no" type="button" x="-96" y="0" command="gui.menu(1)" src="menu.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="-96" y="-96" command="zoom_in()" src="zoom_in.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="0" y="-96" command="zoom_out()" src="zoom_out.png"/>

I changed it to:

<osd enabled="yes" type="compass"/>
    <osd enabled="no" type="eta"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_distance_to_target"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_distance_to_next"/> 
    <osd enabled="no" type="navigation_next_turn"/>

<!-- Commands include gui_internal_menu, gui_internal_fullscreen, zoom_in and zoom_out.
    Usage of negative values change the button origins. x="0" y="0" specifies the top left, x="-0" y="-0" the bottom right corner.
    It's always the top left corner of the icon, so you need to consider the icon's size when you enter the values. -->
    <osd enabled="no" type="button" x="0" y="202" command="gui.fullscreen=!gui.fullscreen" src="toggle_fullscreen.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="20" y="120" command="gui.menu(1)" src="gui_log.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="-144" y="-72" command="zoom_in()" src="zoom_in.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="96" y="-72" command="zoom_out()" src="zoom_out.png"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="text" w="120" h="40" background_color="#FF00FFc8" font_size="450"with label="${navigation.item.destination_time[arrival]}" x="-130" y="15"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="text" w="120" h="40" background_color="#0000CDc8" font_size="450"with label="${navigation.item.destination_length[named]}" x="-130" y="60"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="text" w="80" h="40" background_color="#FF0000c8" font_size="300" with label="${tracking.item.route_speed}" x="100" y="20"/>
    <osd enabled="yes" type="gps_status" x="-72" y="-70"/>

… not al thing working I like it, but a kind start ….

Regards
    the "Stevie"