how to add a own poi?

Help
Anonymous
2010-01-05
2013-06-03

• Anonymous
    2010-01-05

*Hello,<br>
    I would like to add a own POI "poi_test" with my own  icon "text.png". I added the icon in the folder /usr/share/navit/xpm/ to the other icons. Then I make a entrie in the navit.xml after the "poi_attraction" for the new "poi_test".
    In a textfile I have my own POIs and changed the type from "poi_attraction" to "poi_test".
    But, my own poi-icons aren't on the maps.<br>
    And in the console I get the error "Warning: type "poi_test" unknown.
    What should I do, for make a "poi_test"?*

• KaZeR
    KaZeR
    2010-01-05

Hi,

You also need to add the relevant entry in attr_def.h. Beware of where you put it, categories are organized by items range (everything related to food has to be in the same range).

Let us know if you need more help!

• Anonymous
    2010-01-05

Thanks for your quick reply. But, where can i find the attr_def.h? I can't find it…. My installed version from navit is 0.1.0 on karmic.

• Anonymous
    2010-01-06

Hello kazer,<br>
    I found a file attr_def.h in the navit-0.1.1.tar.gz. But not in my installed version. Must I add my own POIs in the tar.gz-file, and then compile the navit myself? It isn't possible to add new own POIs (like per example poi _ fon, poi _ wifi _ special or something like this) in a already installed navit?

• KaZeR
    KaZeR
    2010-01-07

Yes, currently to add your own 'type' of POI you need to add it to the sourcecode and recompile, because the type is used in searches.

My advise would be to try the SVN version, the latest release is a bit old currently.

So :
    - checkout a copy of the svn tree
    - add an entry in trunk/navit/navit/attr_def.h
    - add your icon with the other icons
    - configure and compile

I know it's not really user friendly, but AFAIK you're the first to ask :)

• Anonymous
    2010-01-07

Hi kazer,
    thanks for your reply… I know, this isn't really user friendly, but how cares. I don't think, there are a lot of people, who need this.

I will try your solution later, and then I will give a feedback, if it works. Thanks….

BTW: it will be perhaps a nice feature in a future version, for put own POI-types in a already installed navit :-)

• Anonymous
    2010-01-07

ohh, I still have a question for the attr_def.h:
    must I put my own POI-types between these 2 lines?:

/* poi */
    ATTR(icono)

must it look like?:

/* poi */
    ATTR(wifi_special)
    ATTR(wifi_special2)
    ATTR(icono)

• KaZeR
    KaZeR
    2010-02-03

It looks good that way. In fact you can put it almost anywhere you want, but it's best to order them by categories.

• Anonymous
    2010-02-10

I'm the second who think it will be an nice feature to enable own POI without recompiling.
    Isn't it a way to define s.th. like:
    ATTR(own1)
    ATTR(own2)
    ATTR(own3)

?

As I see, the poi is named in the osm.xml
    S.th like 
    <node id="348025401" lat="53.5529463" lon="10.0049747" user="Divjo" uid="63375" visible="true" version="4" changeset="2979232" timestamp="2009-10-29T08:04:14Z">
      <tag k="name" v="Hauptbahnhof"/>
      <tag k="railway" v="subway_entrance"/>
    </node>

One solution maybe I join osm.xml and own1.xml to big.osm
    But than I need the osm2navit in the nighly wince-build and my poi need a node-id

Whats about http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Other_maps ?
    It seems to be possible to define two maps that will be joined automaticelly.

The mypoi.txt have to look like:
    type="own1" label="Girlfriends" description="Sandra" gc_type=""
    $lon $lan
    type="own1" label="Girlfriends" description="Silvia" gc_type=""
    $lon $lan

If this will work, PLEASE make an comment in navit.xml
    Just explain to enable a second map as textfile
    And a little example of the structure from mypoi.txt ($lon = xxxE or $lon=xxxN ?)
    It takes me about 1,5 weeks to find this solution, but haven't got the time to test it.

jm2c
      Ralf

• Anonymous
    2010-02-10

Why did the board take my comment (RalfonLinux) and shows it under Wakefred ?