NaviPOWM is planned to be a navigation system capable of running on a variety of operating systems. At the time, only OSM based map data is supported. Realtime routing engine is planned in a later version. Geocaching and city guide functionality are also planned.
Features of the first release:
- displays ways as scalable "vector graphic"
- free zoom
- locates itself on ways and displays name and ref of located way
- DEMO mode for playing recorded NMEA data (see wiki)
- saves received data (NMEA) to file
- configuration with INI file
- conversion tool for OSM files (OSM2POWM)