So many people have asked for this feature and I agree it would be awesome to have. But I don't see this being working on in the near future.
Check out version 1.3 with Service Templates.
The latest version 1.2 is a feature release. It now includes Service Groups. There is also an upgrade path from 1.1 to 1.2 so read the UPGRADE file for info.
Please be sure you create a thread in the forums for any questions you have, no matter how simple. This will greatly reduce the amount of time I spend answering the same questions to multiple people.
I'm tackling the idea of allowing you to backup and restore the nagiosweb database. No matter how I look at it, permissions are a big issue.
One option is to use mysql commands to dump the data to a text file on the server and restore from the text files.
A second option is to copy the nagiosweb db directory, in essance creating another copy of the db.
A third option is to the mysqldump CLI with php system command to create text files of the Db.... read more
Few minor fixes, easy upgrade just follow upgrade text file.
I'm working on some small fixes and will release a new copy soon.
There won't be any db fixes so feel free to still experiment with the first prod release out there.
Thank you to everyone who have been supportive of this project and have sent in bugs.
With this release there are no known bugs outstanding.
Sorry it's been so long since updating, been really busy at work. I have made a lot of changes such as:
1. Made NagiosWeb cross-browser compatible
2. Removed some SQL Errors and put in legable error messages when certain fields aren't set
3. Reworked the write config page so you can't restart nagios if there is an error
4. Showed the part of the config file where the error occurs if there is a verification error
5. Added some clean-up queries to the createtxt.php file.
6. Set some default options when setting up a new host or service
7. Removed the ability to add contact groups to hosts and services when you are first setting them up since this was just causing confusion. You can now set the Contact Group after you add the host/service
8. Tons of clean-ups and fixes to the createtxt.php file
9. Fixed hosts.php and services.php for cleaning up the table after a host or service is deleted, before it was leaving some extra rows in the tables.
10. I'm going to include some default entries in all of the tables to try and remove some confusion when installing NagiosWeb for the first time.... read more
A completely re-written version of nagiosweb has been released. This release is intended for use with Nagios 2.x.
With the soon release (fingers crossed) of Nagios 2 there are some changes to how the config files are setup. I will be publishing a new release which will include fixes from this release plus changes to accomidate the Nagios 2 style of config.
Getting closer to a real product now. Things are working as expected. Any input is appreciated!!
Corrected a few bugs in this release. I have this running in my production environment. Any feedback is appreciated.