Editing NagiosGraph to add another drop-down

• MattM

Hello all,

I am a new user to Nagios and NagiosGraph. I want to find a way to add an extra drop-down menu to the "/nagios/cgi-bin/show.cgi" page. I have begun familiarizing myself with the way NagiosGraph works, but still am a little confused about how some things are interconnected.

The reason behind this is to have a drop-down menu that would list some pre-defined graphs, that when clicked would automatically display the graph that was selected. I figured that when you would select the graph you want from the new drop-down menu, behind the scenes the script would just simply construct the URL that would build that graph. I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is that would great!

So, if I wanted to do this (add drop-down menu to the form or add a secondary form) what files would have to be edited in order to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

• Matthew Wall
    Matthew Wall

having a list of pre-configured graphs is pretty easy.  to create the urls, see the perl documentation for showgraph.cgi, or even better just play around with showgraph.cgi directly to see what it does.  showgraph.cgi is the script that creates the graphs, and it is called by show.cgi, showhost.cgi, showservice.cgi, and showgroup.cgi.

as for modifying show.cgi, there is no trivial way to add another menu to the same div that contains the host and service menus.  to do that you would have to modify ngshared.pm, since that is where the menus and their surrounding html are generated.

of course you could add a menu somewhere else on the page, but that might be the layout you are seeking…