Map tiles black (12.6)

2012-06-23
2013-04-07
  • With 12.6 the map tile where tour is located are drawn with black background, which makes this version quite useless. I am running the 64-bit linux version on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-06-23

I tested it with Ubuntu 10.10 and it worked, but now I will do tests with Ubuntu 12.04

• Dering
    Dering
    2012-07-01

I can confirm the problem with Linux Mint 13 64-Bit.  The enhanced method for tile painting does work flawless.

Thank you Wolfgang for the software!

Take care that you have installed the 32-Bit Java-VM (otherwise MyTourbook will not start-up).

• The enhanced method works perfectly. The vmargs needed to be set to avoid crash at higher zoom levels.

• Dering
    Dering
    2012-07-02

I have tried to add the vmargs options like:

./mytourbook -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx768m

but I still get a lot of crashes while zoom in/out with the following error message:

mytourbook: /build/buildd/cairo-1.10.2/src/cairo-surface.c:614: cairo_surface_reference: Assertion `((*&(&surface->ref_count)->ref_count) > 0)' failed.

This seems to be another issued (multi-threading problem) - and occurs when
    calling set_source_surface on an invalid surface. (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.cairo/18320)

Wolfgang - could you please check this? Let me know if you need further traces etc.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-07-02

I fixed the problem for the basic painting method, available in the next version (will be released in a few weeks)

I will not fix issues which are deep in the cairo library, I have no skills to solve it at this location

• Dering
    Dering
    2012-07-17

Hi Wolfgang,

thank you for the bug fix. Version 12.6.1. is working perfect!

Regards,

DerIng