Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Sorted Category When Adding New Link?

Help
C
2004-09-30
2013-04-22
  • C
    C
    2004-09-30

Greetings,

When using "Add New Link" should the "Category" list be sorted?

I'm using MyThreads-Links 1.0.1.

• Ludovic Drolez
      Ludovic Drolez
      2005-01-04

It should, but it's ordered by 'pathto' not by name. I've tried a few sorting options but that's not easy to have a nice sort...

You can add a bug in the tracker :-(

• ForeverNoob
      ForeverNoob
      2005-06-07

Part of the problem I found is due to the difference in handling numeric fields vs. text fields. When I entered the categories into mySQL, I did so alphabetically for the top level cats. But when the list is sorted by pathto, a text field, my first 9 cats end up scattered throughout the list. I countered this by putting a 0 (zero) in front of all the single digit numbers in the pathto field. (if you have more than 100 cats, you would put double-zero in front of the single digit numbers and single-zero in front of your double digit cat numbers).
      It's kind of a kludge, but it solves part of the problem. Of course, top-level cats I've added since are still out of order due to their high cat ID number.

If you would like to see how I'm using MyThreads-Links, check my website at www.PickaPodcast.com. The site is brand new, so there aren't a lot of links yet.