Some windows have a gap in border

Help
tori
2011-02-28
2012-12-31
  • tori
    tori
    2011-02-28

Some windows have a gap in bottom border near right corner (see screenshot). Width varies between ca. 3px to about 12px.
    When resizing the window to any direction the gap stays there, width unchanged. Only if the window is resized to width less than ca. 193px , the gap disappers.
    (All lengths mentioned here were measured from screenshots in GIMP, so they're not accurate).

It works like this only in active windows. If I opened one of this windows and focused to another app, panel, etc., the MyPassword window switched to inactive style and border was ok.

Starting MyPassword from xterm shows:

/usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:46: Clearlooks configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: Clearlooks configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:48: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored

Can it be something wrong with my desktop settings? I'm using Gnome with Synchronicity theme and Sandwish window border motive.

Observed in these windows:
    * Login (not resizable)
      - there is another problem: corners do not connect ok, and top border looks "unfinished" from left side. All others have only the gap.
    * Confirmation before deleting a password
    * Search (resizing untested - this window is not resizable)
    * Browse
    * XML Import
    * XML Export
    * Error: Invalid file extension (both XML Import and Export)  (not resizable)

• tori
    tori
    2011-02-28

I played with Gnome look a bit and there are two independent things:

Error messages mean, that I'm using different theme than Clearlooks (or Clearlooks Classic). Don't know, if it means that Synchronicity is not capable of something Clearlooks is, or if MyPassword expects using Clearlooks only.

Broken bottom border is caused by Sandwish motive. I didn't see it in any other application, however in "select motive" window is the preview of this motive broken in same way as the MyPassword login shown above. So it's probably not a problem with MyPassword and I appologize for bringing it up as "bug".

• Hi,

First of all thank you for reporting this. I guess it would be a bug of your JRE or the theme. And we can not do anything to it as far as I know. But please do the following and let me know if it helps or not.

As you may know MyPasswords supports both system look and feel and java look and feel. Go to the MyPasswords' directory and find the file settings.properties. Open it and change the value of systemLookAndFeel from true to false or vice versa and restart your MyPasswords.

Regards,
    Ehsun Behravesh

• tori
    tori
    2011-02-28

Switched from true to false. MyPassword said: "Nimbus LookAndFeel is not supported by your system!" and uses system look&feel anyway.

java -version prints:

java version "1.6.0_0"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.6.2) (suse-0.1.1-i386)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

• You may need Sun JRE.

• tori
    tori
    2011-03-09

I replaced openJDK with sun-jdk 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_07-b06) and here are results:

Gnome:
    Border gap: Depends on Sandwish theme only. Changing Java has no effect.
    Complaints about Clearlooks theme: at first they were gone, but appeared again after switching themes. I got another message saying that Bonobo is not running. I think there's some non-fatal error in my Gnome config.

I got some new messages:

-- login request (both at startup and after timeout) --------------
    (<unknown>:13012): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)
    (<unknown>:13012): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed
    --- sometimes when new window opens ---------
    (<unknown>:13012): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

KDE 4 (different machine, but same versions of SUSE and Java)
    No errors, works fine.