Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Brows Mode

Help
2011-02-19
2012-12-31
  • Dirk Koudstaal
    Dirk Koudstaal
    2011-02-19

When in browns mode are the tags suppose to link to the passwords? Nothing happens when I click on a tag

• Hi,
    Tags are like folders which contains some passwords, when you open any of tags, you can see its passwords and by clicking on any password, you can see its details.
    Is there anything more I can explain to you?

Regards,

• Dirk Koudstaal
    Dirk Koudstaal
    2011-02-20

Hi
    Thanks for your prompt reply. First of all I am really impressed with your program and as a teacher being on different campuses I use the portable version. I have only recently upgraded from 1.0 to your latest version. As yet I have to use your java software on windows but I run it regularly on debian linuc (ubuntu 10.10 amd-64) and use only the opensource java runtime environmentt. When I have the browse window open and click on any of the tag links nothing happens and the main password window is locked (unable to do anything in that window) but unlocks itself when the browse window is closed. Hope this is enough information and I have not looked at your code as my skills in java are very basic. Again thank you very much for this very useful and secure password db software.

• Thanks for your complete and descriptive explanation. I try to regenerate the bug and solve it. Would you please tell me if you use openJDK? or any other open source JDK?

• Dirk Koudstaal
    Dirk Koudstaal
    2011-02-20

Hi,
    I do use openJDK. Would you like me to test the portable version with Widows7? At the college where I teach most of the network has windows7 as the os. I normally use my Linux laptop as I have teach webserver technologies using linux servers but I am sure I can logon to one of the teachers' workstation. I am sure that the windows7 workstations use sun - well really oracle :-( now - java JDK for the computer science students and teachers.

• Sure, it helps that we find the bug.