Windows 7 - Sql Server 2008 Express Error

Help
Anonymous
2011-05-20
2014-08-15

• Anonymous
    2011-05-20

I am running the .NET VB Business Entity template on my Windows 7 SQL Server 2008 setup and I cannot get the template to process properly. It always hangs on the following code:

"For Each objColumn in objView.Columns" and also..
    "For Each objColumn in objView.PrimaryKeys"

stating error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

I am guessing it is not retrieving the table object properly but am at a loss to fix this issue??

I get the following error dump in the console:

20/05/2011 9:22:54 PM - Opened Template: "dOOdads Business View" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyGeneration13\Templates\VB.Net\VbNet_SQL_dOOdads_View.vbgen".
    20/05/2011 9:23:03 PM - ZeusRuntimeException: Template Runtime Exception -    at Zeus.ZeusExecutioner.ExecuteCode(IZeusExecutionHelper helper, IZeusTemplate template, IZeusContext context, ArrayList templateGroupIds)
       at Zeus.ZeusExecutioner.ExecuteCode(IZeusCodeSegment segment, IZeusContext context)
       at Zeus.ZeusExecutioner.ExecuteCodeSegment(IZeusCodeSegment segment, IZeusContext context)
       at Zeus.ZeusCodeSegment.Execute(IZeusContext context)
       at MyGeneration.TemplateEditor._Execute()

At the moment I have to run MyGen on my laptop (Vista) to generate the code and import it back over to my production PC.  I did install an earlier version of MyGeneration not knowing that it was not compatible with Windows 7 - would the subsequent install of the correct version be screwing around with registry settings??

At a loss,
    cheers.

• karepa
    karepa
    2011-08-09

Hi there.
    I am having the same issue windows 7
    It just does not generate any class or procedure files
    :(

• Anonymous
    2011-11-13

Even on a xp machine i am having a issue

For Each objColumn in objTable.Columns          --------> failing on this line
    if objColumn.Default = "newid()" Or objColumn.Default = "GenGUID()" Then
    output.writeLn "Me." + GetAlias(objColumn) +" = Guid.NewGuid()"
    End If
    Next

error = Object doesn't support this property or method

my table have just three columns (loginname (PrimaryKey), password (varchar(50), usertype (varchar(20))

Please help

• Anonymous
    2011-11-13

Hi All.
    I had the same issue a few months ago and the only way that I found to overtake this was changing the For Each Instance.
    This should work for you.

Public Overrides Sub AddNew()
    MyBase.AddNew()
    <% ' SQL Server and Access tweak here
    For intX = 0 to objTable.Columns.Count -1

if objTable.Columns(intX).Default = "newid()" Or objTable.Columns(intX).Default = "GenGUID()" Then
    output.writeLn "Me." + GetAlias(objTable.Columns(intX)) +" = Guid.NewGuid()"
    End If
    Next %>
    End Sub

and so on.

• Anonymous
    2012-06-18

I had the same issue and further problems which I discussed and replied to on another thread. I updated my script template as follows and the script would run correctly:

For intX = 0 to objTable.Columns.Count-1
        set objColumn = objTable.Columns(intX)
    Next

• fperugini
    fperugini
    2014-08-15

This appears to be an issue running on 64 bit windows. I have 2 computers and the 32 bit version works without modification. Can anyone else confirm this?