2013-04-24
  • Daniel Goodwin
    Daniel Goodwin
    2009-03-05

MyMeta 1.3.0.9
    Firebird 2.1

Hi
    I'm trying to use MyMeta version above to generate doodads business entity

When I do so however the column types appear not to get resolved and I end up with Unknown as the column type - seems to be output of datatype and datatypename are not getting resolved correctly

I have two fields varchar(10) and varchar(50), with first being the primary key
    I dont see any specific plugin for Firebird (MyMeta.Plugin.Firebird.dll) so I assume its using the default one

Any clues as to why I would be getting Unknown column types? (from system tables, column types are 39 which is defined as VARYING within FB )

BTW it works fine for MySQL and MSSQL tables of same types.

Thanks for any pointers
    Daniel

• Daniel Goodwin
      Daniel Goodwin
      2009-03-05

Some other notes

If I change template code as below

output.write objColumn.DataTypeName & " " & objColumn.DataType & " " & objColumn.LanguageType & " " & GetAlias(objColumn)

I get
      public virtual bool LoadByPrimaryKey(VARCHAR 0 Unknown REF)

so it does know its a VARCHAR field , why does LangusageType not work? Is it the 0 for DataType instead of (perhaps) type 37?

(VARCHAR == string in Languages.xml - this has not changed)

Daniel

• Ken the Eskimo
        Ken the Eskimo
        2009-07-10

I use a case method on the LanguageType - Called GetLangType(IColumn column)  so when certain types are present they can be properly handled in the Code (identified correctly) as some datatypes are not represented by VB or C# types - find out what the "unknown" is.. then try a method instead of the default LangType ...

• Daniel Goodwin
      Daniel Goodwin
      2009-03-05

Ok
      I'm stupid
      Turns out while I had changed default settings for Firebird (from Mysql) I did NOT select a specific language (c#) when I saved off the settings

Doh!!

Daniel