Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

MxHero to use remote MySQL server

2013-02-27
2013-06-12
  • John Sundarraj
    John Sundarraj
    2013-02-27

Guys,
             I have been trying to configure MxHero to use remote MySQL database, but no luck yet. I modified hostname, username, password and dbname params in below listed files and rebooted all services, but found errors.

1. /etc/postfix/mxhero/transports.sql
    2. /etc/postfix/mxhero/domains.sql
    3. /opt/mxhero/configuration/properties/org.mxhero.engine.plugin.dbpool.cfg

First of all i want to know, which is the wright place to configure mysql connection ??.

BTW, i'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS machine, running MxHero with databases locally, and wanted to move databases to external db server.

Any help on this would be appreciated……Thanks.

• Hey, that should be ok for the engine, if you want to configure the Web Console, and the other apps on the tomcat server like fileserver, imageserver, and mxhero console itself you will need to change by hand their properties for the jdbc connection.
    Go to /var/lib/tomcat/webapps and go in each app to change those, you will find them on each app on the META-INF/jdbc.properties if I am not wrong. Let me know if it works.

• John Sundarraj
    John Sundarraj
    2013-02-28

Marmol, Thanks for your message. I searched all META-INF directories under /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps, but could not find anything configuration realted to db connection. So I spent some time in reading configuration files, and found exact configuration files for db connection and modified it. Then, it worked for me.

Here are the list of files that has to be configured to make MxHero work with Remote MySQL.

1. /etc/postfix/mxhero/domains.sql

2. /etc/postfix/mxhero/transports.sql

3. /opt/mxhero/configuration/properties/org.mxhero.engine.plugin.dbpool.cfg

4. Search for configuration files under directory path /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps. Find 'WEB-INF' and 'META-INF' directories under all apps, then check *.properties file. You can find db connection params.

Let me know if this works. Thanks.