Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

severly needed quarantine release feature

Anonymous
2012-12-20
2013-06-12

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

Hi Folks,

I am desperately looking for quarantine release feature incorporated witin mxHero. i have already enabled quarantine feature but mails are being forwarded to that account ID and user will have to manually forward the mails from there.
    Instead can we not have quarantine release feature or something by which clicking release link mails will be released from the queue from mxhero itself??

Pleasssssss let me know if there is any such feature available or any work around.

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

I researched all other mail servers and have been asked by now most of our customer about this feature since each and every AS commercial GW provides this functionality wondering of mxHero guys can provide us similar functionality?  Just like Mailscanner+Mailwatch provides the same but dont think that thy have super interface like mxhero provides. hence plssss plssss guys think on Release quarantine function and see if you can incorporate.

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

I agree previously I had requested this feature, not sure how complicated that to integrate but I guess even I sincerely urge for this feature rather than diverting into other mailbox.

• Quarantine is in the mxHero pipeline. First versions of this critical functionality are already being designed and should be forthcoming within the next couple releases.

Thanks for your feedback. It drives our priorities!

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

Oh yeah, this is much needed. Last month we were evaluating couple of SPAM products and unfortunately only this parameter  could not pass and we have chosen baracuda. Though no comparison with Baracuda, I personally feel mxHero is great App but still lacks couple of features which are really needed in day-to-day operations like this one.

mxHero Team, I believe you need to expedite on this, if possible

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

Rido I am looking at Baruwa or Proxmox Mail Gateway and mxhero. I have not started testing those yet but wanted to compare the features and policies. I am not aware all the features available but I just installed with ZCS 7.2.2 and the first thing I noticed is lack of quarantine feature.

• Anonymous
    2012-12-20

I echo blason and Django. This should have been included much before but any way lets see what mxhero team can provide :)

• We are almost sure that the quarantine is going to be the feature that will change mxhero to 2.0.0. I can't give you a date for release but I can tell you that we are already on development for that. Probably we will release 1.9.0 on January with a could of features we have been working and improvements. After that the next release is a candidate to have quarantine.

Thanks!

• Anonymous
    2013-01-09

Hi fellas,

I am getting tremendous pressure from my management to implement the quarantine handling feature so that blacklisting/whitelisting and Releasing emails from quarantine can be done from the portal itself. So since this feature right now not available with mxHero I am planning to go for other gateway which can provide this feature. Hence wanted to know if I can let run mxHero on zimbra server which was already installed for only implementing policy purpose? And turn off AS/AV feature to handover the same job to other gateway?

BTW can we pllssss have a tentative date for quarantine releasing feature? so the same can be communicated to seniors?

• Blason,

You'll be pleased to know that the first version of the quarantine is set for our February release.

Regarding turning off AS/AV, absolutely. Just remove rules you have set up for them. mxHero is designed on the assumption that you might use another AS/AV, that is the reason for the 'External Antispam' plugin. In fact, once you move to an external AS, be sure to activate 'External Antispam' to continue to get AS activity in your mxHero reports.

Best

• Anonymous
    2013-01-14

Hey Fellas,

when can we see 1.9.0? Are you guys gonna release that in this month?

• Yes, 1.9.0 is coming out this month (January).

• Anonymous
    2013-01-14

That is awesome…

And much awaited feature Quarantine handling like releasing, deleting will be available in the month of Feb or 2.0?

• Anonymous
    2013-01-17

Yo Gents,

Can someone tell me the quarantine functions which will be integrated will it also provide WL/BL from there itself rather than picking up entry and adding in domain wide WL/BL list?

And when can we see 1.9.0

• Not quite sure I understood completely your question. But to explain the quarantine a little. It is being added as one of the platform's core services. So it will be addressable by all mxHero apps as an action option. So the Blocklist app will gain as one of the rule actions the option to send to quarantine. Similarly the anti-spam apps will have the quarantine option. Each app will have its own "folder“ in the quarantine. Access to the quarantine can be limited to installation admin, domain admin or user level.

That's the general direction we're headed. Whether we get all this on the first release, probably not, but we should get there pretty soon. It is a priority.

Cheers

• Anonymous
    2013-01-17

OK -  I guess I know what he is trying to say.

He must be comparing quarantine features with other Anti Spam appliances where quarantined messages gets accumulated in queue and admin or individual user can release their messages from that queue by un-ticking the box. + most of the current AS appliances do offer white List/Black List feature on that page itself.

So, if I release the false +ve I can white list it by just ticking the box or blacklist by ticking it. In the case of mxHero we would need to keep adding the entries.

Hence the user must be asking if WL/BL can be added separately or can be provided on same page which can ease the administration tasks.