Redirect Mails possible?

Anonymous
2012-05-04
2013-06-12

• Anonymous
    2012-05-04

Hey Superheroes :)

Here is my scenario and please let me know if mxHero can help me?

1] I would like to setup a redirect policy, like say I have example domain and info id is generally published on INTERNET. now I would like to configure Redirect policy that whenever known foreign sender sends any mail to info@example.com that should be redirect to certain ID. e.g. business Partner xyz.com with email ID qwe@xyz.com  --> info@example.com shoudl redirect to sales@example.com another example mail from another BP user@domain.net --> info@example.com should redirect to mkt@example.com

2] Going further just wanted to know if I can add or specify rule based on Content? i.e if the mail body or subject contain "marketing" "inquiry" >>> infor@example.com should redirect to mkt@example.com  OR
    "Sales" from user3@gmail.com---> info@example.com  should redirect to sales@example.com

Possible?

• Anonymous
    2012-05-04

Ok - Seems wiretap sender/receiver and wiretap content should suffice my need? I may be wrong, am I?

• For the first one it looks like with Redirect plugin you should be ok. You can choose From: patnerdomain.com To: info@example.com them redirect to sales@example.com.

The second one, you can add rules about content on the body of the email, but we don't have any rule for the subject, we could add one in other releases, you may feel free to ad a feature request here on sourceforge.

Cheers!

• Anonymous
    2012-05-06

Agree!! But you know I tried deploying it as a wiretap content and main issue is. I can not add two rules for same ID but with different forwarding addresses.

Like say first rule is added from qwe@doamin.net --> Info@example.com with Content IT Copy email it_helpdesk@exmaple.com

Now if I try to add one more rule for another domain it say the rule is already added

e.g.

abc@foreign.net --> info@example.com with content Sales -->Foward it to sales@example.com = This prompts an error says the rule already exists.

Any clue how can I overcome this?

• That example should be fine since the From: part is different from the other …. the only case when mxHero should give you that error is when you are trying to set the same From/To combination … and I am not seeing that fro your example since in one case is from qwe@doamin.net and the other case is from abc@foreign.net  them you are talking about two different address there.
    If you are having that error send me the exact From and To combination so I can check out what is happening.

If you are using the Content to send the email to one address or another and the From/To are the same them it makes sense, and we should think this a little more, cause the hole idea was not to make rules that could step once over the other …

• Anonymous
    2012-05-06

Just a correction the Wiretap content filter is not able to differentiate the rules between Keyword. As I exaplained above Sender could be Anyone ---> info@example.com  Keyword Sales --> COPY to sales@example.com

Rule 2 : ANYONE --. info@example.com Keyword IT ---> FWD to it_helpdesk@example.com

Rule 3: ANYONE --> info@example.com Keyword marketing --> FWD to mkt@example.com

IF I try to do this system doesn't allow me to add the said rules.

• Ok, now that make sense to me. We made it that way to make simple use of rules in all features, now wiretap makes sense to have more than one action for the same From/To. I think that we won't change how features are restricted by the From/To but we may change wiretap to have more than one action depending on words. If you really need this please add a feature request on sourceforge so we can take it on mind for future releases. Our 1.6.0 is already close but we may add to other releases, each release takes about a month.

Cheers