Can anyone provide more explicit instructions to enable SSL? I've tried to follow this (http://wiki.mxhero.com:8080/display/docs/Adding+SSL), but am obviously doing something wrong.
I'm running mxHero 1.8 on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.
What is the error are you getting?
Here were the steps I followed (from http://wiki.mxhero.com:8080/display/docs/Adding+SSL):
1) Edited Tomcat's server.xml file
2) Did not yet have apache, so installed apache2 through apt-get (already had OpenSSL installed)
3) Followed instructions here to create SSL certificate: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-create-a-ssl-certificate-on-apache-for-ubuntu-12-04
4) Edited httpd.conf
5) Attempted to browse HTTPS site, but received error: Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error. This is a general error in Chrome, and I couldn't figure out what was causing it.
6) Removed apache2, attempted to follow directions to configure & build from (http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/03/install-apache2-ssl/), but was unsuccessful building apache2 with SSL.
7) Gave up and posted this question. :-)
I have tried doing the same thing and have been unsuccessful. I wish this was a feature that was included by default because the attachment tracker and the ability to send large emails is way cool but I'm just not comfortable doing it over http.