I am using MX4J Rel 3.0.1. I have observed a strange behaviour in my
application. The scenario is as followed:
The communication between client and server is running via RMI
1. The remote MBean Server starts up
2. The client starts up and registers to a remote MBean as
NotificationListener (the client itself also starts a local MBeanServer.
maybe this is important to know ?)
3. the remote MBean send / the client receives notifications
4. the remote MBean is unregisterded
5. a new instance of the remote MBean is registered again
6. the client registers again to the new / old MBean
7. the remote MBean sends notifications but they will not send by the remote
In step 6 I have debuged my application down to the JMX
addNotificationListener method and the registration works fine, no
exceptions occure. But debugging the remote Mbean server shows that the
registration of the listener does not occure (the addNotificationListener
method of the remote MBean is not called)
I have activated the MX4J debugging and I can see that the regitistartion of
the NotificationListener in the server does not occure and so the
notifications of the Mbean will not be send by the MBean server (which I
also can see in the debug output).
For me it looks like that the VM of the client fails to contact the remote
MBean server but no exception is thrown.
When restarting the client VM (the server is still running) the registartion
to the same MBean works fine.
Is this a known bug ?
With kind regards ... Jens