Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can mclient sync to squeezeboxes?

mclient
2006-01-18
2013-06-03
  • Robert Rozman
    Robert Rozman
    2006-01-18

Hi,

I'm curious how is mclient implemented - is it built on top of mp3slave ?

Also, can it synhronize with other squeezeboxes playing same stream ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

• Rick Stuart
      Rick Stuart
      2006-01-18

I used slimp3slave by Paul Warren and others to start with.  Then I and others have changed and added code to integrate it with MPVMC and the MediaMVP hardware.

I haven't tried to synchronize it and I am not sure if it is possible.  My reasoning is that the hardware is inevitably different between the two boxes.  For instance, the MediaMVP has a buffer after the mclient software buffer.  We have found if we do not reset this buffer when jumping between mp3 files, the last selection continues to play for about 3 seconds. I don't know how I would check, but I would think the slimp3 boxes do not have such a large secondary buffer if they have one at all.

On the plus side, I would think MVPMC boxes would synchronize with each other.

If you find out, let us know if they can or can not synchronize with each other and with slimp3 boxes.

...thanks

• Graham Jones
        Graham Jones
        2006-01-18

I have used mclient synchronised to my Squeezebox and haven't noticed any problems with it.

Graham.