Multiple Client Boxes

mclient
Marc
2005-10-09
2013-06-03
  • Marc
    Marc
    2005-10-09

I've stumbled through and gotten the client to work and play music for me.

It was interesting learning by brute force how to use the slim server.

This is what currently is perplexing me.  If I run the music client on another MVP at the same time, the music will stop playing on the other player.  It appears the server thinks that the two mvp's are the same box.

Any hints?

Marc

• Rick Stuart
      Rick Stuart
      2005-10-10

And here I thought I had tested most everything!

Interesting, I have 2 mvpmc boxes but have never tried this.  Not the same, but let's see what happens if I run slimp3slave and mvpmc at the same time...

Yep, that didn't work - problem confirmed, humm...

Well, it looks like the MAC values are not populated in the "hello" transaction between the server and client.  I'll have to try that later as I am running out of time this morning.  Let me know if you find it works!

...thanks

• Rick Stuart
      Rick Stuart
      2005-10-12

Finally got this working.  After some help from the mvpmc dev list, sending the MAC address from the client for each of the various transactions which occur made the difference.  I'll try to get this fix into CVS over the next several days.  Tested with slimp3slave and a MediaMVP.  If you have 2 MediaMVPs set up, I'll be interested if it works for you as well. (i.e. the slimp3slave send out a MAC address of all zeros - not very realistic).

• Marc
      Marc
      2005-10-12

I can do you one better.  I can test it with 3 MVPMC boxes.

Just let me know which daily build to get and I'll test her out!

Marc

• Marc
      Marc
      2005-10-12

Yeppers, saw your question in the thread.

Yes, I noticed the zeroed out MAC address but just shrugged my shoulders!

If I have not said it before, THANKS!!

Marc

• Rick Stuart
      Rick Stuart
      2005-10-17

Hi Marc...

I have checked in a change such that mclient can find and transmit the MAC of the MediaMVP box it is running on.  Try it out and let me know how it works.

• Marc
      Marc
      2005-10-18

I'll confirm that it works on multiple clients using the 10-17-05 daily build of the dongle.  It was quirky at first and had to rename the units on the server before it settled down and started behaving.  It could have something to do with the not restarting the server between MVPMC reboots.

I can also control the players from the server.

Let me say:  CONGRATS!