Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

mvpmc jpeg and flac

MythTV
tonwi
2006-12-01
2013-06-03
  • tonwi
    tonwi
    2006-12-01

I'm looking for a cheap but silent (HW) solution to do both listen to our music as well as show our foto collection using an "old" CRT TV-set (Europe, PAL, SCART). All our music (about 200 G) is stored onto disc (90% FLAC; 10% MP3); our foto collection is stored as JPEG. For the next 2 years we will not need any Live-TV solution.
    I'm running a small home office LAN using a Linux box (SAMBA) serving 2 MS WinXP notebooks. I learned to build, install and run MythTV (0.20, MythMusic and MythFoto). Because my Linux box is old I cannot connect directly to the TV-set (no TV-Out), so at this time I cannot really use MythTV there.
    Whith this HW in mind (of course a new MediaMVP would be needed...) I'm quite sure I can use MVPMC to show our foto collection on TV-set.
    But I'm not sure - and that's my question - if I can use MVPMC to listen to music compressed as FLAC?
    thank you for any advise.

• MVallevand
      MVallevand
      2006-12-22

I plan on adding libFLAC support to the file browser in the next couple of weeks.  Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I don't follow this forum.

Martin