Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Using 20060806 dongle crashes MythTV backend.

MythTV
vdb
2006-08-19
2013-06-03
  • vdb
    vdb
    2006-08-19

I was wondering if somebody has noticed this behaviour: I have started to use the dongle of August 6, 2006, and it works nicely for me since I figured out how to serve the dongle.bin.ver and dongle.bin. The emulation with the Hauppauge gives me a way to view my AVI collection, and the MythTV recording option can show me my TV recordings. However, it seems that sometimes when I view the recordings it crashes the mythtvbackend software.

Since the backend runs as a daemon I don't get any console log errors, it just stops. Restarting it works nicely and all is well, but it's not what I would expect. Perhaps the crash occurs when I power down the MVP while watching, perhaps the backend crashes because it can't output the stream when it's not properly exited?

Anybody else seen this before?

• josh
      josh
      2006-10-29

Mine is having the same issue...anybody have any solutions?

• bluenose
      bluenose
      2007-01-13

My myth backend was also crashing.  The fix was using NFS rather than the Myth protocol to communicate the video.  This is an option of mcmvp using the -r flag.