Help with MediaMVP Install

MythTV
John Coman
2009-02-23
2013-06-03
  • John Coman
    John Coman
    2009-02-23

I have installed MythTV as a backend and I have a separate pc connected as a front end.

I am now trying to hook up a MediaMvp using mvpmc.

My problem is that I cannot get the MedaiMVP to load the dongle.config file.

I can get the mvpmc dongle.bin to load from a windows machine but it will not load the dongle.bin.config file. 

I would prefer to load the dongle.bin from my mythbuntu server but I am unable to get the MediaMVP to do anything except from the windows PC.

I am desperate now.  I have tried posting to the mailing list and the Mythtv forums but am getting no response.

Any help will be appreciated.

jcoman

• josh
      josh
      2009-02-23

Have you checked your tftp logs?

• John Coman
        John Coman
        2009-03-28

Just san update.  I spent a lot of time working on this problem.  I later posted the same question on the mailing list.

The problem turned out to be my Hauppauge had the wrong mac address sticker pasted on the unit.  When I tracked down all of my mac address' and made the correction every thing worked great.  Thanks for the help.

jcoman

• John Coman
      John Coman
      2009-02-24

Sorry to sound to simple but where is the tftp log?

I think I am using ATFTP.  Does this make any difference?  Are these different?

If I am supposed to be looking in the \var\log\syslog file there are no mentions of TFTP or ATFTP.

Thanks,

John
      jcoman

• josh
        josh
        2009-03-07

I'm not familiar with ATFTP, but there may be a /var/log/atftp.log or similar. Are you sure atftp is running and listening on UDP port 69? Are you sure you have the dongle.bin and dongle.bin.config file in the correct tftp directory? There's probably a settings file for the atftp server in /etc. Double check that your dhcp server is handing out an address and the 'next-server'(tftp) address.