Mumble Robotic Voice Urgent Help Needed

Help
2012-11-24
2012-11-25
  • Ethan Mercer
    Ethan Mercer
    2012-11-24

My guild recently purchased a Mumble server as an upgrade to Vent, which has a few second delay for all of us. On this server everyone else sounds amazing but my voice is unbearable to the other members as a robotic nuisance befalls them. I have tried tweeking all of the settings as stated on the FAQ and used my own noggin to try and resolve the troublesome server. I tried the Mumble Server on my laptop to check it wasn't the codec and the same issue was happening. We also tried converting the server to a TS3 server which did not resolve the issue. The issue also happens in bouts and can stop for a few moments then return to normal. Vent works as normal throughout this issue. I am university on 24meg internet (speedtested) and that has no issues. It tells me the ping is 70 with a differentiation of 90, which other members suggest is better than theirs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

• In the past that meant a challenged connection, and mumble makes that sound
      when trying to overcome the lost packets. It tries to fill in the blanks and
      you get a phase shifted kind of electronic voice sound.

Signature

Wayne McMichael . www.waynemcmichael.com

Sent: 24 November, 2012 5:15 PM
      To: [mumble:discussion]
      Subject: [mumble:discussion] Mumble Robotic Voice Urgent Help Needed

My guild recently purchased a Mumble server as an upgrade to Vent, which has
      a few second delay for all of us. On this server everyone else sounds
      amazing but my voice is unbearable to the other members as a robotic
      nuisance befalls them. I have tried tweeking all of the settings as stated
      on the FAQ and used my own noggin to try and resolve the troublesome server.
      I tried the Mumble Server on my laptop to check it wasn't the codec and the
      same issue was happening. We also tried converting the server to a TS3
      server which did not resolve the issue. The issue also happens in bouts and
      can stop for a few moments then return to normal. Vent works as normal
      throughout this issue. I am university on 24meg internet (speedtested) and
      that has no issues. It tells me the ping is 70 with a differentiation of 90,
      which other members suggest is better than theirs. Any help would be greatly
      appreciated, Thanks.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/mumble/discussion/492607/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/prefs/