Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Compilation trouble in Dapper Drake

Help
randomas
2006-11-18
2012-10-30
  • randomas
    randomas
    2006-11-18

This is the error I get when compiling mumble:
    qmake mumble.pro
    lrelease mumble.pro
    make
    make -f Makefile.Debug
    make[1]: Entering directory /home/matteo/Downloads/mumble-0.9.4' g++ -c -include debug/mumble -pipe -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -Wold-style-cast -Wconversion -Wsign-compare -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4 -Iinclude -I/usr/X11R6/include -Idebug -I. -o debug/AudioInput.o AudioInput.cpp AudioInput.cpp: In member function ‘void AudioInput::encodeAudioFrame()’: AudioInput.cpp:276: error: cannot convert ‘int*’ to ‘float*’ for argument ‘5’ to ‘void speex_echo_cancel(SpeexEchoState*, short int*, short int*, short int*, float*)’ AudioInput.cpp:277: error: cannot convert ‘int*’ to ‘float*’ for argument ‘3’ to ‘int speex_preprocess(SpeexPreprocessState*, spx_int16_t*, float*)’ make[1]: *** [debug/AudioInput.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/matteo/Downloads/mumble-0.9.4'
    make: *** [debug] Error 2

and murmur:
    qmake murmur.pro
    make
    make -f Makefile.Debug
    make[1]: Entering directory /home/matteo/Downloads/mumble-0.9.4' g++ -o murmur debug/ACL.o debug/Group.o debug/Channel.o debug/murmur.o debug/Message.o debug/Connection.o debug/Server.o debug/Player.o debug/ServerDB.o debug/moc_ACL.o debug/moc_Channel.o debug/moc_Server.o debug/moc_Connection.o debug/moc_Player.o debug/moc_ServerDB.o -L/usr/lib -Ldebug -lpthread -lQtSql_debug -lQtNetwork_debug -lQtCore_debug make[1]: Leaving directory/home/matteo/Downloads/mumble-0.9.4'

Hope you can help me.
    TIA

• randomas
      randomas
      2006-11-19

I updated speex packages to the EDGY versions but I'm still getting the exact same errors.

• That is odd, as 1.1.12 has defined that parameter to a short *. Are you sure that you updated both the library and the dev package and that the old header files aren't still around somewhere?

• Mumble is set up to compile on Edgy, which has a newer version of Speex which is not API compatible with the one in Dapper.

Murmur has compiled fine in the snippet you sent me above :)

• randomas
      randomas
      2006-11-18

Oh, I though that must have been the case ... I'll try and update speex then, thanks.

Doh! should have checked ... :p