Getting server to display ping and users in serverlist

Help
kiwhen
2013-05-06
2013-05-06
  • kiwhen
    kiwhen
    2013-05-06

This is probably a very common issue that's been answered a dozen times, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've set up a server available to anyone who knows the adress. It works like a charm, but it does not display the current latency or the number of connected clients in my favorite server list. (It's not just me.) It's running on the default port. I do have a single, static IP for it, and I'm using a domain name for connecting. The closest lead I've got is from the FAQ, which says:

"Open the murmur.ini server configuration file and set an explicit address to listen on using the host= setting. Save the config file and restart the server. You should now have the useful ping display again in your connection dialog / server list."

To me, this does not make sense. Why should this solve the issue? Also - it doesn't. (Tried using local IP, public IP and domain name, nothing.)

Any ideas?

• kiwhen
    kiwhen
    2013-05-06

It's been bugging me on and off for months, and 15 minutes after resorting to this, I realize that the one thing I haven't yet tried is to check the port forwarding. Turns out it was only forwarded for TCP. Enabling both TCP and UDP forwarding solved the issue.

... Dangit.