Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Link.pl w/ Murmur 1.1

Help
Cal
2007-11-11
2012-10-30
  • Cal
    Cal
    2007-11-11

First off, murmur is so much more clear than anything else we have used. It is quite a bit harder to get started with, though well worth it.

The most exciting thing to me was the one sentence I found on the wiki:
    "We've made a small script which shows how to link this to qstat; it automatically creates a channel for each server you qstat'ed"

Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. However with 1.1 I don't see the commands table implemented in the db.

I get as far as:
    DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table: commands(1) at dbdimp.c line 271 at link.pl line 41.
    Can't call method "execute" on an undefined value at link.pl line 42.

So I am obviously missing the table and I can't seem to find the proper schema to set it up myself.

I also don't see an example of how to call qstat to feed the xml file in. So far all I have been doing is trying to import an XML file I generated with qstat and I'm not even sure that file I made has the needed info. ;)

Anyone else have luck figuring this out?

Thanks in advance.

Cal

• Cal
      Cal
      2007-11-16

Sorry to bump, but we would really like to deploy this instead of TS so I'd like to know if there is a way to have the functionality of the link.pl file currently. We are using .9.4 to have make things kind of work right now, but I am pretty sure the way we are doing this is still not right.

I will gladly provide useful debug of newer versions once I can find a way to have this function or a similar one in the current build.

• Yes, all the functionality needed is there, you just need to port it to use the DBus functions.

• Cal
      Cal
      2007-11-11

After looking over the script a bit I see that it's really still a bunch of direct database calls and I know the move to dbus is here.

I just don't know enough about DBUS to help out here, but will there be a dbus version of the link.pl?

• Link.pl is outdated and in need of an update. I don't play BF2 anymore though, so it would be hard for me to test it.

• Cal
      Cal
      2007-11-11

I'd be glad to help debug any day of the week. I tried to figure out a way via DBUS but it doesn't seem the needed calls are there.

I can get it working to the point of inserting commands in the DB, but it seems the new Murmur doesn't actually execute them. Is this correct?

• Cal
      Cal
      2007-11-11

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4351824

Reading this, is it possible to use setPlayerState() to generate the functions needed to build a new script?