Setup JSON Channel Viewer Protocol for personal Mumble server

Help
Alyce
2014-06-22
2014-06-23
  • Alyce
    Alyce
    2014-06-22

Hello. I've setup my own personal Mumble server running on Ubuntu server 14.04. It was quick and easy to setup. However, my guild leader is requiring me to provide a link to see the status of the Mumble server from a webpage.

I've been trying for over a week to do this, but to no avail. I installed Mumble-Django at one point, but was never able to get it to work. Can anybody please point me to a step-by-step tutorial on how to proceed? I'm really a n00b when it comes to website development and Linux in general, so I need some pretty basic instructions that don't assume I know what I'm doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-06-22

Hi,

I installed the package mumble-server-web (sudo apt-get install mumble-server-web) Which is pre set up with ice & there are many really easy ice php viewers out there

• Alyce
      Alyce
      2014-06-23

Hello.

Thank you so much for responding. I've tried mumble-server-web, but receive the error "E: Package 'mumble-server-web' has no installation candidate" I've not been able to find a resolution for this error.

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-06-23

did you run "sudo apt-get update" & "sudo apt-get upgrade" & then "sudo apt-get install mumble-server-web" ?

I just installed that package about a week ago without issue on ubuntu server 14.04

• Alyce
    Alyce
    2014-06-23

Just did both sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. No errors running those commands. Still getting the message that mumble-server-web has no installation candidate. :(

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-06-23

interesting, i have just tried again in a vm and had no trouble. you are just running normal stock ubuntu 14.04?

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-06-23

ah, no sorry i take that back, i'm running 12.04 the vm is named wrong.

14.04 has the new version of ice, which is very hard to get working, which is why i went back to 12.04 i messed around for about 5-6 hours trying to get it running. and about 10 mins on 12.04

• Alyce
    Alyce
    2014-06-23

Oh wow. Good information to have. I'll go get 12.04 and see if that works. Thank you.

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-06-23

No worries, let me know how you get on.

• Alyce
    Alyce
    2014-06-23

Okay, I was able to install mumble-server-web. What do I do now? How do I query the server using HTML?